Chapter 13

-It's okay sunshine-

I trembled as I ran the length of the Homestead and burst through the door.

I took the stairs two at a time and ran into one of the medical rooms.

I crashed into a sprinting figure and he sent us flying backwards, landing in a sprawl of arms and legs.

When I saw who it was, I growled.

Thomas looked fairly scared and he probably had every right to be. I expect I looked like Satan's spawn. Newt came rushing out when he heard the crash and upon seeing me glare at Thomas, he tried to come over and seperate us.

"Not now!" I ordered. I leapt to my feet, grabbing Thomas by the collar.

With no explanation, I dragged him down the stairs and threw him outside with Newt shouting at me the whole time.

I came to a stop outside the Homestead. The only reflective thing in the whole Glade was a window. I pulled Thomas beside me.

"Look!" I demanded, pointing to our reflection.

By now Gladers had gathered round, wondering what the commotion was about.

"Khali, let him go!" Newt ordered cautiously.

"Not before he looks!" I retorted, shaking Thomas roughly.

Thomas gave me a wide-eyed stare but did as he was bid.

"What am I lo-"

He stopped. He took in our features and his eyes suddenly got wider and his mouth formed an 'oh my god'.

"What?! What is it?" Newt asked, desperately missing the point.

"Look at us." I mumbled.

Newt walked in front of us and cocked his head to the side. It took him a few moments before realisation hit him.

"You're... You're..."

"Twins!" Thomas and I finished simultaneously. It took barely a heart beat for us both to add with a shrug,

"It's an issue,"

I shot a look at him.

"Whoa, that was weird!" Leo said from the middle of the crowd.

"Tell me about it..." Thomas and I said together again.

"What's going on?" A voice yelled from the crowd.

Thomas looked like he was about to pass out.

"So, you guys are related?" Newt clarified.

When everybody confirmed it, Newt shot me a grin and winked.

"So, why do you hate me so much?" Thomas asked nervously.

I turned on him, my eyes narrowing.

"Kha-" Newt began.

"Because!" I hissed, "No matter whether you were forced or not... killing your sister should not be okay with you!"

He looked thoroughly shell shocked.

"What? I don't-"

I threw a punch and it hit him directly on the jaw. He flew to the right and landed in the dirt.

Gladers surged forward.

"Oh for shuck sake, let them fight it out and have done with it!" Gally cried from the crowd. Everybody stayed put.

"I don't care if you don't remember, I don't care if you were forced, I especially couldn't care less about any other excuse...you deserve more than a punch! But, you're the person who is probably most likely to get us out... so do it!"