Chapter 11

-Just The Memories-

-^-^-

"I hate you!" I giggled, pushing him playfully.

"No you so don't!" He replied, shoving me back.

"Loser!"

"Idiot"

"Come on now guys, that is really immature!" Minho sighed.

Newt and I glared at him and when we made eye contact, we tried to hide our smiles.

"So where are we?" I asked, pausing to look at our surroundings.

"In some kind of experiment building?" Newt guessed.

"I think you're right!" I replied. "On my way here, I saw a couple of rooms with some funky gadgets!"

"Yeah, I still can't believe you snuck out here!" Alby gasped, gesturing to the group of boys I was gathered around.

"I'm just stealthy. Plus I wanted to find Thomas and I knew he was round here somewhere," I sighed, furrowing my eyebrows thoughtfully.

Why were we all penned up here like animals? Did the girls I was locked up with know? I didn't really stay long enough to ask.

"So, I wonder what happens next," Minho chatted, looking confused.

I shrugged and laid my head on Newt's lap. I could feel him tense but then relax.

"I don't know but hopefully they won't find me for at least 3 hours. I am hoping for some sleep!" I countered placing my hands under my cheek as Newt repositioned himself so he was comfortably lying down with my head still on his lap.

Before I knew it, I was drifting off to sleep.

BANG!

I woke with a start.

In my sleep disorientation, it took me a few seconds to decipher what was going on around me.

Chaos.

Boys were being pulled out of their slumber by adults. Workers by the looks of them.

Newt jolted awake to the cries and struggle. He looked at me wide eyed and searched the room.

I followed his gaze, scanning the mess of boys and limbs trying to find Alby and Minho but no such luck.

"Newt?!" I cried, my voice wavering in panic.

He sat bolt upright and grabbed my arm when he realised neither Alby or Minho were in sight.

"Come on!" He ordered, dragging me to the corner of the room.

More workers poured into the room as various numbers dragged the boys out. Some were sedating the boys on the spot, others were whisking them away to god knows where.

"Thomas! Thomas will help us." I whispered confidently, burying my face into his chest.

He clung on to me desperately.

"I'm not sure th-"

He was cut off by a man. He was inches away from me and his face was twisted into a sadistic smirk.

"Hey, Milo... Looks like we have ourselves a girl!"

Newt bared his teeth as the man and his friend, Milo, advanced.