Chapter Two.

It was the next day. Dad had been checked over and he was fine, thanks to the lifeguards. I walked down towards the beach dressed in shorts and a crop top, a box of chocolates in my hand ready to pass on to the lifeguards.

Some people may think that i was being a bit extra and that these lifeguards probably do hundreds of these rescues a week but I'm grateful. My dad is one of the only people I have there for me in my life and I can't even bare to think of the possibilities of what may of happened if it wasn't for the lifeguard yesterday.

It was pretty early so the beach was yet to be crammed with people. Further down the beach two lifeguards were putting up the flags as I walk towards the tower door. I lightly knock on the door before pushing it open. A man jumped up and walked towards me.

"Is everything alright?" He asked with a loom of concern.

"Uh yeah yeah. I just came to give some chocolates as a thank you. One of the lifeguards saved my dad yesterday and I'm so grateful"

" oh well thank you," he leant forward giving me a hug. " I'm Reidy by the way. I think it was Maxi that helped your dad yesterday so i was just call him down for you"

" I don't want to disturb your work or anything" I stood fiddling with my hands as Reidy radioed the guys in.

" Maxi , there's someone here to see you if you could head up. You might even get a date out of it you know never know" Reidy spoke with a chuckle.

A few moments later two more lifeguards entered the tower. Maxi walking straight towards me, "oh hey! How's your dad doing?" as he leant forward pulling me in to a brief hug. I'm pretty sure my face was bright red but I tried to play it off as though I was much more confident. I'm better at pretending.

" He's good , thanks to you! I just came to bring some chocolates as a thank you gift" I pass him the box of chocolates. They weren't great chocolates, just some that I managed to find at a nearby shop but I was hoping it would show how thankful I am.

"Mate, you didn't have to do that. Thank you." He gave me a brief hug again and it was then that I noticed the other lifeguard behind him.

" I'm Jesse by the way. " As soon as maxi had pulled backed i was engulfed in another hug. These people really made me feel safe. I guess it's part of their job but it makes me feel better knowing I'm in safe hands...If i was to go into the water that is.

" I'm Dani, it was nice to meet you all but I should probably get out your way now. Thank you for yesterday." And with a final smile I left the tower. Maxi's scent still lingering around me.