Chapter Twenty

I awoke the next morning wrapped up in Maxis arms. He had to go to work this morning. He attempted to crawl out from under me but was unsuccessful. A groan left my lips a i tightened my grip around him. "Babe, I need to go to work" Maxi whispered to me. I rolled of him and on to the other side of the bed, wrapping myself up in my own blanket cocoon. I was just drifting off again when I felt Maxi press a light kiss to my temple before leaving for work.

A while after and I decided to get up out of bed. It was now about 10 AM and I've just gotten out of the shower. My hair wrapped up in a towel as I choose a bikini for the day. It was striped with cherries scattered around it. It pushed up my boobs well and helped me to feel a little more confident than usual. I shoved a light grey skater dress over the top and grabbed my sunglasses before heading of for a walk to the beach.

I didn't realise how long the walk was! Okay, it wasn't that much but more than I'm used to. Once at the beach, I walk across the hot attempting to find a spot to lay for a while. The beach was packed with families scattered all across it. I eventually found a spot not too far from the tower and not too close to the beach actually, it's quite far up but it will do for a bit of sunbathing. I lay out my towel and take of my flip flops and sit on the towel. I surprisingly remembered to bring lotion so my I will tan a little but not go completely burnt like last time. As I sit rubbing my lotion in I hear a voice behind me, " need some help rubbing that on your back darlin'" I turned slightly to see Maxi stood with a grin on his face. "Sure" I responded , passing the bottle and turning with my back to him. He gently caressed my back, rubbing the lotion on to the visible parts of my back. Ignoring the goosebumps from his touch, I feel like some people may think this is more erotic than it really is. "I hope you don't let any guy come and rub your back on the beach" Maxi said with a laugh in his voice. " Only you, dear" I replied. After he had finished he wrapped his arms around my shoulder, leant forward and gave me a kiss on the cheek before jumping up and heading to the tower. Not before looking back and looking me up and down. I knew this bikini would work.

A while later on and I'm just lying down on the towel. The sun beaming down on my skin, I'm hoping to get a tan to look less pale next to Maxi. It felt lovely and warm, like i was soaking in a hot bath until a shadow stands over me.I slowly peel open my eyes, adjusting the bright sunlight. It was him. My Dad. I sat up and looked at him. He looks unshaven and tired. But I couldn't feel any sympathy. He'd done this to himself. " Get up let's go home" He said. Of course he would find me here. I'm so stupid to think I wouldn't see him for a few days. "No" I said firmly. "I said GET UP" He shouted, a few people looking over at us. I stood up, leaving a distance between us. "No, I'm not going with you. I'll see you on the plane." I said calmly. Surprising myself over my confidence although my shaky hands said otherwise.

" NO YOU'RE COMING WITH ME!" He screamed, his face turning red with rage.

" I'm not going anywhere with you leave me alone!" I shouted back, grabbing my stuff from the floor and trying to leave his presence. "You're not leaving me again Dani, I mean it, me and your mother didn't bring you up like this." He said , reaching out and grabbing my wrist and holding it lightly to prevent me from leaving.

"You and mum? You guys didn't bring me up like anything! Stop with your bull, you guys didn't bring me up at all. I'll see you on the plane , just leave me alone for a while." I replied, taking in a breath as I did so to calm myself down. But it didn't calm either of us down.

His grip began tightening on me and he breathed out his nostrils as if a coping mechanism for the anger he felt inside, the small act reminded me of a bull and it wasn't something I wanted to stick around for. Moving my wrist and trying to squeeze it out of his grasp. " YOU'RE DISGUSTING. YOU'RE A SLUT AND YOU'RE STAYING WITH THOSE BOYS AREN'T YOU? YOU'RE A DISGRACE. I BET YOU'VE ALREADY SLEPT WITH THEM ALL. YOU DISGUST ME!" He screams in to my face, spit spraying my face. I shake in front of him , why am I so weak? I want to scream, shout , shove him off me yet I stand there cowardly allowing him to treat me like this. As though I deserve it. As people begin to stop and look and Dad continues to shout I stand like a little child in front of him. Shaking whilst tears flow down my face, washing of any spit from his shouting.

"OI GET OFF HER" An australian voice called out. Pushing himself through a couple of people who had crowded round by , looking at the commotion, Maxi made his way through. I looked up through the tears to see him charging through. Shoving my Dad roughly by the shoulders as my Dad lost his grip on me. My dad was laying on the sand, he was okay and I can tell this by the way he stood back up and went towards Maxi. As he raised his clenched fist it's as though I snapped back into reality , adrenaline kicking as I jump in front of Maxi , taking the punch instead of him. Although Maxi probably could take a hit better than me, he deserved it less than I do. My body flung to the floor as a pounding pain demanded to be felt around my jaw. As i fell to the floor and reached up to clutch my jaw, a rhino came driving through the crowd. Two lifeguards jumped out and went towards my Dad. Maxi came running over to me on the floor. "Dani , are you okay? Shit, let me take you to the tower." He placed his arm under my knees and lifted me from the floor, carrying me in bridal style. I couldn't tear my eyes away from the sight of my Dad. Why didn't he stop? Did he mean to? Thoughts swarmed all round my mind as Maxi carried me to the tower, trying to pull me out of this trance.

Once we got to the tower, Maxi placed me down on the bed. "You didn't have to carry me here Maxi" I mumbled softly , trying to add a weak smile at the end to let him know I'm okay. "It's fine. Are you alright?" I looked up at the man stood before me , tears brimming in my eyes. He pulled me in to him and hugged me. " What happens now Maxi? What will those lifeguards do?" I whispered out, my voice croaky from the crying. He placed a kiss on my head before sitting next to me on the bed, holding my hand in his. "Those lifeguards are Hoppo and Jesse, they'll probably kick him off the beach but it was assault so the police might end up being called." I panicked. I couldn't have my Dad arrested , I couldn't do that. Despite him hitting me I needed to go back to England. I had nowhere here. "No , no Maxi they can't do that" I rambled out, panic filling me. "It'll be alright" He responded calmly. "No Maxi , they can't call the police" I said , abruptly jumping off the bed and heading towards the door. "Hey hey, you'll be alright. I've got you" Maxi reassured me as he jumped in front of me , blocking me from the door and embracing me once again.

We stood like this for a while, him playing with my hair as I cuddled in to his chest. I'm feeling less panicked now. I'm old enough to go back to England by myself if I need to. "Shall we get you cleaned up?" Maxi asked. I completely forgot about my jaw. I nodded and headed back towards the bed. As Maxi began wiping my cheek and bandaging up my jaw, two lifeguards walked in. Jesse and Hoppo is it? "Hi, I'm Hoppo and that's Jesse. How're you feeling?" He asked as all three lifeguards stood around me , two waiting for a response one cleaning my face but I'm sure Maxi is also waiting. "I'm okay. Thank you." I would've smiled back at their reassuring faces but it's pretty hard when a cut on your jaw is being fixed. "It was nice to meet you Dani, we better go back to work now" Hoppo responded before him Jesse left the tower again. How did he know my name? "I'm guessing you've told them about me?" I asked Maxi as he finished sorting my cut. His face turning bright red with embarrassment. "Maybeee" He replied. "All good things I hope?" I asked. "Of course babe" He responded before leaning forward and locking our lips together. Just like that and the pain in my jaw was forgotten.