Chapter Fourteen

I woke up on top of something solid with drool dripping down my chin. I opened my eyes and began adjusting to the surroundings. I was laying in between Maxis legs with my head on his bare chest. I lay still for a little while, trying to adjust to the lighting and my position. Maxi began waking up , stretching his arms above his head and groaning a little. "Mornin'" He huskily grumbled out. " Good morning" I replied, sitting up and quickly wiping the drool from my chin. I'm mentally begging that I didn't drool on him in the night. " Did you sleep okay?" He asked. I blushed in embarrassment, remembering me waking him up for a late night cuddle - we're not even together. " Uhm yes I did. Thank you for last night and I'm sorry for waking you up and everything. Did you sleep okay?" I asked, mentally questioning whether I should move from sitting between his legs. " I slept great thank you. I was thinking maybe today we could go to your place and get some of your things? I know you said you'll be leaving Australia soon but whilst you're here you can stay here" Maxi suggested. Just thinking about seeing my Dad gave me mixed emotions.Thinking of the glass and the argument made me feel physically sick but part of me didn't want to believe that my dad was capable of acting this way. " Sure yeah" I managed to let out as a response. Maxi placed his hand on my bare knee, leaning forward as I looked up at him, " Me and Harrison will be with you the whole time, you'll be alright" He said with a reassuring smile added.

And with that, we decided it was time to get out of bed. We headed towards the kitchen for breakfast which is where we got a lovely greeting from Harrison. " Ay, the love birds are up. Did you guys sleep alright?" " Yes thanks mate" Maxi replied for the both of us whilst I awkwardly stood near the counter/table. "Toast alright?" Maxi asked. " That'd be great thanks, just butter please" I responded, noticing Maxi reaching out for a jar of vegemite they kept in the cupboard. I'm not sure vegemite is something I would ever get used to. Marmite and vegemite are just different, no matter what.

So after all of us having something to eat and talking to each other a bit more , especially me and Harrison who barely knew each other, we all went to get dressed and ready. I borrowed another t shirt of Maxis and my shorts from the day before. Maxis shirt was long on me so it looked as though the shorts weren't there but I felt more comfortable with them there.

Harrison, Maxi and I eventually headed off to the place where I was staying. As we came close to the place Maxi held my hand, comforting me as I worried over what was behind the door.

A/N: Please vote and comment- thank you! Lot of love for you all :)xx