Chapter Twelve

Once in the tower, Maxi led me over to the bed. I sat up and as Maxi turned to walk away i reached out and gripped onto his hand. He turned and looked at me before coming and standing closer to me. "Hey Harrison can you get some stuff for the cut please?" Maxi asked the other guy that helped me. "Sure thing mate" Harrison replied before going up some steps. Maxi stayed close to me, stood directly in front of me with his hands intertwined with mine. "Your freezing," Maxi spoke lowly , as though if he spoke to loud I'd break, before taking his hoodie off and putting it on over my head. " There you go. We'll clean up that cut for you and you'll be alright. Do you want to tell me what its about?" Maxi asked .

Within seconds I broke again, the tears streaming down my face. "Hey hey it's okay" Maxi jumped up beside me on the bed before pulling me into his arms. I gripped on to him as my body shook. I felt safe with Maxi. " You don't need to tell me if you don't want to but I'm here for you" He muttered to me as he placed a kiss on the top of my head. As maxi cradled me I felt safe yet so pathetic. People have it so much worse than I do and yet here I am using up his time and attention for a little argument that happened, I'm pathetic.I pulled out of his embrace, feeling ashamed like I didn't deserve it anymore.

"It's stupid. I- We just had an argument and he said- he -" I spoke , my throat felt as if it was closing up. The tears kept falling no matter how hard i clenched my teeth and told myself I was being stupid. " I'm just being stupid its fine" I ended with that, I didn't want him worrying over nothing. I wiped the tears from my cheeks and prepared myself to leave as soon as Harrison came back. " It's not stupid. Did your dad do this to you?" Maxi asked, concern etched across his face as his brows furrowed together. " Y-yeah but i don't think it was on purpose" I replied. Who was I kidding? My dad probably doesn't care. Maxi let out a sigh before pulling me gently back into his arms, " You're safe now. Do you want to stay at mine for a bit? So you don't have to go back there" Maxi suggested. " That would be good for now, thank you. I'll have to go back to him eventually, the holiday won't last forever" I spoke my thoughts out loud. I was quite scared of how Maxi would react to me having to leave, we had both gotten so close in such a short period of time that i questioned whether he was aware I would have to leave. "I know" He replied , his grip on me getting a little bit tighter.

"I got everything I thought you would need" Harrison said as he walked towards us. Maxi gave me one last kiss to the forehead before standing up, taking a closer look at my head. I looked up at him and Harrison, watching their reaction. " Shit there's glass in there" Maxi said. "Do you want me to do it mate?" Harrison asked, supplies still in his hand. "No, its fine mate" Maxi replied as he began working on my sliced head. I sat looking at the view in front of me, feeling utterly blessed to have this man in my life.

A/N Like and comment - thank you.