Chapter Seventeen

The beginning of our date consisted of us going to the cinema, we were actually going to see mamma mia. We sat comfortably in our seats, well as comfortable as cinema seats are, with a drink in between us and a small box of popcorn. We decided not to go all out with the snacks as we were going to get some food after.

After many, many adverts the movie began. Maxi cheesily did the cliche thing of pretending to yawn before snaking his arm across my shoulders, i shook my head at him with a small smile on my face. He responded with a wink, leaving me blushing yet again. I nestled in to his side, feeling his warmth radiating on to me. For the first time in a while, I can feel myself beginning to feel genuinely happy.

Throughout the film Maxi couldn't hold himself back from singing along, quite loudly, to any Abba songs he knew. A few people turned to give us dirty looks but I couldn't stop my laughing. He even attempted to hold on to my shoulder and sway us both along to some of the songs. I swear a smile hasn't left my face all night.

Once the film finished we began leaving the cinema, Maxi's arm remaining around my waist. "Did you see that woman's face at you?" I let out in between laughs. I've been laughing so much my stomach is beginning to ache. "Yes! She was so annoyed. Who can hold themselves back from singing Abba?" Maxi replied, a smug smile on his face. I can't tell if he's proud of himself for singing the songs in the movie or because he keeps making me laugh. "Clearly you can't!" I responded. We left the cinema and Maxi drove us and parked up near a beach, I'm not entirely sure of its name as I don't know my way round here too much. We got out, Maxi linking his hand in mine as we headed towards the smell of some good food.

A/N Hope you enjoyed this. Please like and comment ❤️