A.M: 4

Kiana Brown
Saturday, May 28

"Kiana? Are you okay? Please open the door".

My mom sounded so concerned. I wanted to open the door, but I couldn't. I just couldn't face her. I wouldn't know how to explain. It would kill her to know I was raped.

"Kiana, you have company". She sighed.

I held onto Tinker tighter as I teared up. I was kinda mad at Rashad and Tonya for leaving me. I feel that if they were with me, this could have been avoided. I don't blame them though. I'm just going through something.

"Ki" I heard Ton' voice, "It's me, Tonya".

"I'm here too Kiana". Rashad added.

I stared at the wall feeling a lil sick to my stomach. The scene of last night replayed over and over. Just knowing that the boy I've been crushing on would rape me is sad. I actually thought he'd be my first boyfriend. I guess I was wrong.

I heard the front door slam shut making me shake. There was no more talking at all. I didn't know if they had left or what. All I know is, I couldn't tell my mama I was raped. It would literally break her heart.

There was a knock at my door which made me freeze.

"Ki? It's me Kiana".

The voice was unfamiliar. It sounded a bit deep, and the only deep voice guy I knew was Rashad. Plus, I know his voice, and it wasn't him.

"Kiana? It's Keegan".

Hearing that name made me sit up. I know it's not my brother Keegan. All this time, he's been away. That was really music to my ears. I quickly got up from my bed unlocking the door.

He pushed it open and I hugged him. He hugged me back as I sobbed. He caressed my head like he used to and sighed. I wanted to hold on to him forever. It felt so unreal.

"Can you talk to me? Tell me what happened okay".

I wasn't gonna tell my brother I was raped. Some of y'all might think I'm being stupid. It's just, I don't wanna cause a riot. My brother is an pretty respectful person. But he hears so see's sum' he doesn't like, and that's it.

"T-They".

"They who? Rashad and Tonya"? He asked.

I nodded, "T-They-".

That was the only thing I could get out. He hugged me again and pecked my forehead. He pulled away from me and studied my face.

"They're out there waiting for you. You can come out, I'm here for you okay". He threw his arm around my shoulder.

I nodded, "K".

He opened the door and we walked out. I walked into the living room where they were seated. I looked away from them as soon as Ton' teared up.

"I'm sorry Ki, I didn't mean to leave you by yourself". She hugged me tightly cryin'.

I hugged her back, "it's okay".

Rashad came over and pecked my forehead. He joined the hug and sighed. I loved my friends with a passion. They were actually so sweet. I knew they didn't mean to leave me all alone.

"When you feel better, wanna go to the mall"?

I nodded, "I need some time, I'm not feeling like myself".

"That is perfectly fine with me". Ton' smiled.

I looked over at Keegan to see him hugging mama. I smiled at the sight and sighed. I knew he was going to leave soon. He has work and he don't live 'round here. I didn't mind, he has bills to pay.