Chapter Twenty-Six: Weddingbells

.•° ✿ °•.

"You're recovering very well, in fact, I think you can get off bed rest now, Miss Alcott." the doctor smiled, packing up his tools.

"Don't you think she should perhaps rest a few days longer doctor?" George asked, looking somewhat panicked.

"Relax. He's said I'm alright, and besides, its been a month, how much longer do you wish to keep me bedridden?"

"As long as it takes for you to recover." he shot back, resting a protective hand on my shoulder.

"She should be fully recovered within the next month or so." the doctor said, pausing at the door, "Contact me, should your health change."

"Wait! It could change? Drastically? Would it hurt her? Is she in danger? What do we-"

"George." I cut him off, before turning to the doctor, "You may take your leave. Thank you for your service."

The doctor nodded, before exiting the room, leaving George and I alone. He still looked antsy, despite the doctor's good news. He caught my gaze, his tense shoulders relaxing slightly.

"You know, I think it would be best to wait for a few more days." he stated.

"No. No way. There's absolutely no way you can keep me in bed a day longer."

"You're still weak, I can do anything I want with you." He smirked, knowing his words had a subliminal meaning.

"Why must you talk like that?" I sighed as heat rose to my face.

"You love it." He cooed.

"I don't." I retorted, pushing myself out of bed for the first time in a month.

It felt wonderful to stand on my own. For my feet to touch the floor, cold to the touch due to the cool morning air. George was instantly at my side, grabbing hold of one of my arms for support.

"Would you relax? It's not as though I'm crippled." I pushed him away.

"No. You were only shot." he threw back, voice riddled with sarcasm.

"It's been a month." I responded, cautiously stepping forwards.

"You're impossible." he rolled his eyes, following closely behind as I stepped into the hallway.

"You love it." I retorted.

"I do." I paused as he said this, turning around to face him.

I then surprised us both, by pulling him into a kiss. After all, he'd done it twice to me, so why shouldn't I to him? George was shocked at first, but soon melted into it. This was the first time in a year since we had kissed, and the passion showed. After a long while, I cut the kiss short. Geroge's eyes were wide as he panted for air, and I smiled.

"I'll be fine." I assured him, before turning back down the hallway, leaving him standing there, mouth agape.

It was nice walking down the familiar hallways I hadn't seen in so long, and though so much had changed between the people living there, the castle seemed the same. I made my way through the halls, at last arriving in the ballroom. George had insisted that Samuel and Trinity use it for their wedding, and after much convincing, they did. Not only that, but George had given the servants time off to prepare for the wedding itself. Preparation was underway, as the wedding was to be held that afternoon, and though I asked numerous times, I hadn't been allowed to help until the doctor said so.

The ballroom was not so extravagant as it had been for the King's wedding, but it was decorated quite beautifully, mostly with flowers picked from the garden by Anthony. Tables had been set up, and the large doors opened to reveal the garden, a path leading through it to the location where the actual ceremony would take place. Everyone was bustling about, adding final touches before the wedding as guests slowly trickled in. Suddenly, Samuel rounded the corner, looking extremely nervous.