Chapter Thirty-Five: With This Ring

.•° ✿ °•.

"No sooner met but they looked, no sooner looked but they loved, no sooner loved but they sighed, no sooner sighed but they asked one another the reason, no sooner knew the reason but they sought the remedy; and in these degrees have they made a pair of stairs to marriage." the priest paused, eyes scanning the crowd, "The heartfelt words written by the renowned William Shakespear, speak of a love unmatched, a love that is so great that it can withstand any and all adversity. Today, we gather to see through a love that is just so; ever growing and boundlessly infinite as the sea." the priest smiled, before turning his attention to George and I "Do you each pledge to love each other wholly and without jealousy? To cherish, love, and respect each other, for all of your time on this earth?"

"We do." George and I nodded in unison.

"You may now exchange your vows." the priest smiled, "Your Majesty,"

"It is no easy feat to sum how I feel for you in a mere few minutes, my Rose," George began, "In fact, it is nearly impossible to sum them at all using words, they often fall utterly short of the task. When I met you, you were a mysterious female soldier, someone with a personality bigger and more upfront than even my own. And as I've said time and time again, you intrigued me. And the more I got to know the woman that you are, the more captivated I became. You helped me to become a better man, gave my life passion, a reason for which to live. And the fact that I'm about to wed you, is nearly as crazy to me as the fact that I ended up with a woman so amazing as you, who helps me, who makes me laugh, and who shows me love no matter the circumstances. I love you, my dear."

"And Rose," the priest nodded to me.

"Before I knew you, I was a mindless husk of a person. I didn't care for my wellbeing or anything, for that matter. I'd been hurt, and I'd lost any reasons I might have once had to live. And suddenly, there you were, an arrogant, flirtatious, and exceedingly strange man, who seemed enamoured with me, and yet I could not possibly begin to discern why. And though my feelings for you were there, I pushed them away." I breathed in, "You helped me through my worst times, and still, I could not accept the fact that someone was at last breaking down my walls that had kept everything out for so long. Until I received a letter, one that encouraged me to find that person who would give my life that spark, that purpose. And instantly, I knew it was you. I'm sure there isn't a thing on this earth that I could do to thank you for everything you've done for me. You've given me a home, a family, love and a reason to live. I love you so much."

"Your Majesty, please repeat after me: I George, promise to love and support you, Rosalie and live each day with kindness, understanding, truth, humour, and passion. With this ring, I thee wed."

"I George, promise to love and support you, Rosalie and live each day with kindness, understanding, truth, humour, and passion. With this ring, I thee wed." he repeated, slipping Anne's ring over my finger.

"And Rosalie, please repeat after me: I Rosalie, promise to love and support you, George and live each day with kindness, understanding, truth, humour, and passion. With this ring, I thee wed."

"I Rosalie, promise to love and support you, George and live each day with kindness, understanding, truth, humour, and passion. With this ring, I thee wed." I said, slipping a gold band over George's finger.

"I now pronounce you, husband and wife." the priest closed his book, turning to me, "And I hereby pronounce you, Rosalie, Queen of Great Britain." he said, before facing George, "You may now kiss the bride."

George wrapped an arm around my waist, pulling me close and kissing me, as the guests applauded. My becoming the Queen was a thought that was almost nonexistent in my mind, as I kissed my husband. I was at last married to the man I love, and that joyous thought was the only thing that consumed my mind. George and I signed various documents, before heading, arm in arm, back to the palace, followed by the rest of the guests, slowly trickling in and filling the ballroom. They assumed seats strewn about the room, as George and I headed for the table at the front-most part of the room. Once everyone had at last been settled, Samuel stood, clearing his throat, and silencing the room.