Chapter Thirty-Six: A Father

.•° ✿ °•.

"We will see each other again soon, right?" Anthony asked, grasping Lafayette's hands.

"Soon is not soon enough, mon cher. But I will write." Lafayette responded amourously.

"Ah, it's like the tale of Romeo and Juliet, two star-crossed lovers." I smiled, approaching the infatuated couple, who'd hidden around the corner to say goodbye.

"I should certainly hope not, considering how that ended." Lafayette smiled, pulling Anthony into a loving embrace, before hugging me as well, "It was good to see you my friend."

"And you. Have a safe journey back." I returned his hug, before letting the two lovebirds be.

I made my way back to where the guests were boarding their carriages to leave, nothing but the torches and the pale moonlight illuminating the cobblestone paths. I spotted Lucien amidst the crowd, shaking George's hand.

"Thank you for coming, it meant so much to Rose and I." George smiled gratefully.

"I'm glad I did." Lucien replied, before catching my gaze, "Rose! I was just about to leave."

"Not without a goodbye, I hope." I smiled, coming to a stop in front of hs and his family.

"Of course not." he said softly, pulling me close, "I'm so happy you've found a home. May you always be satisfied."

"Thank you, brother." I responded, before hugging Emile, and then kneeling down and embracing Annette, "Goodbye, all of you."

"Goodbye!" Anette waved, as the three of them boarded a carriage and then disappeared down the darkened street.

Suddenly, I caught a distressed Alice out of the corner of my eye, frantically searching the crowd. Before I could approach her, she'd taken off again, vanishing into the tumult of people.

"Where to now, my love?" I asked George, "Should we say a quick goodbye to your charming relations?"

"They aren't even worth a parting glance, dear." he waved his hand, before smirking mischievously "Besides, wedding nights are better spent indulging ourselves in more amusing affairs than goodbyes."

"Hmm? What did you have in mind?" I asked slyly.

He responded only by taking my hand and leading me back into the castle, past the ballroom, up the stairs, and finally into our bedroom, where he closed the door softly behind us. I watched him tentatively as he approached me, wrapping his hands around my waist.

"...My Queen," he spoke the title seductively, as his hands trailed to the back of my dress, where he began to unlace the ribbon.

"What if someone comes in?" I asked pensively.

"No one," he began, pulling off my wedding gown, "Is stupid enough to disturb a bride and groom on their wedding night, my dear."

I blushed as his gaze trailed over my body, and I felt utterly helpless. But it wasn't in the way I'd used to feel. It wasn't a weak, or vulnerable sort of helpless, but something I couldn't quite describe. George leaned in, slowly brushing his fingers over the exposed skin of my back, and undoing my corset, as he kissed my neck softly. My pulse raced and my skin tingled where he touched it. He smirked as my face reddened, and my breath wavered.

"I've never seen you so... Submissive..." he smirked, to which I replied by tearing off his jacket and pulling off his shirt, before pushing him against the wall.

Now it was my turn to smirk at his bewildered face, bepainted in a furious blush.

"Oh, cher, you didn't think you were the dominant one in this relationship did you?" I teased, before kissing him.