Chapter Twenty-Seven: Flowers

.•° ✿ °•.

After the ceremony, the guests filtered into the ballroom, celebrating with dancing, music, and food. I observed along the sidelines as the two newlyweds danced, and laughed as Samuel allowed a few tears to escape. I'd never seen him so happy. Slowly a few more couples began to join them, and I sighed when I caught sight of George making his way over to me. He extended his arm, bowing.

"May I?"

"You know how I hate to dance."

"I was hoping your love for me would overpower your hatred for dance," he smirked.

"I'm afraid there's not a thing in this world I feel more passionately about than dance." I swatted his hand away.

"That's unfortunate." he laughed, as he grabbed hold of my arm, leading me onto the dance floor.

I would admit it, dancing had become more enjoyable the more I practiced, and George made it all the more entertaining. I made sure to purposefully step on his feet a few times for good measure as we moved through the crowd of dancers, all smiling and laughing.

"You're doing surprisingly well." George remarked after a few moments.

"I was shot a month ago, it's not as though it still affects me."

"Dear, I was referring to the fact that you're usually a terrible dancer, it makes no difference if you've been shot." he laughed.

"When one is forcibly made to dance so often as I, they do become better at it."

"You think you're the one suffering from this exchange?" he asked, "At least your toes are safe from harm. Mine, on the other hand..."

"Haha." I rolled my eyes, as the song at last came to an end.

Suddenly, Trinity cleared her throat at the head of the room, drawing everyone's attention. Excited laughs sounded throughout the room, as she waved around a bouquet calling for the ladies to gather around her. I smiled, folding my arms. Throwing your bouquet, I'd always thought, was an exceedingly pointless aspect of a wedding, but brides always found some sort of pleasure in it. I jumped, as I felt George's hands on my waist, guiding me through the crowd, and into the mass of women gathered around Trinity.

"This is stupid. You do it." I said, trying to back out as George held me in place.

"Please? Do it for me, the love of your life?" he pouted.

"Oh fine." I replied miserably, moping my way into the centre of the crowd.

I looked back at George, and he shot me a thumbs up, to which I responded by sticking my tongue out at him. I looked back at Trinity as she turned around to throw the bouquet. All of the women around me looked extremely eager, and I couldn't help but laugh. What was it about throwing a bouquet that got them so excited? All at once, the bouquet left Trinity's grasp and flew towards me quickly. I instinctively lifted my hands for protection, and my fingers closed around the bouquet. I sighed. She'd seen me in the crowd and thrown it right at me. Trinity turned around, laughing when she saw who'd caught it, and the other women around me sighed dejectedly. I gave Trinity a flat stare as the group dispersed.

"Hmm, so you caught it?" George's voice sounded beside my ear, a mere whisper.

"So it would seem." I turned, finding him much closer than I'd anticipated.

"Any candidates?"

"For..?" I trailed off, raising an eyebrow.

"A husband, of course." he smirked, leaning in closer.