Prologue

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, business, places, events and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

All rights reserved. No parts of this story may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including printing, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the author.

"Uncle Marco, where is Francesca and Alejandro?" She was on her way back to the garden when Frankie heard the voice that she was waiting for all evening. Liam. She felt her heart beat thrice as fast as she peeked at the door to the receiving area where her parents and Godparents were standing. Her 16th birthday is finally complete.

She was frozen in place as she watched him and his sister Luna hug her father, Marco and her mother, Alessandra. She got back to her senses when she heard her her mother's response.

"They're at the garden. Go on and join them." She pretended to come in from the garden and approached the new arrivals. Soon enough, her twin brother is right beside her and they went straight to their Godparents, Lance and Cassie to greet them. They met Luna and Liam along the way and they hugged each other just like they normally do on occasions.

"Hey, princess, Happy Birthday!" Liam handed her a small box wrapped in gold and red ribbon. When Liam pulled her for another hug and kissed her cheek, she almost fainted.

"Thank you." She stammered as he smiled and stared at her. Her trance was broken by her brother who almost pushed her out of the way to catch Liam's attention.

"Where's my gift, Bro?" Alejandro, her twin brother shook hands with Liam. They have this weird handshake that only the two of them knows about.

"Here you go. I designed a new game just for you." He gave her brother a flash disk and they bumped fists.

"Cool! Come on, Frankie."

She playfully pushed her brother then gave Luna a hug and a knowing glance. They giggled before they approached their parents.

"They grew up too fast. They're even taller than me!" Cassie exclaimed and Lance just laughed as he teased his wife. "Babe, everyone is taller than you." Liam's father earned a slap on the arm as they banter playfully.

"Sometimes, I feel old when I look at the four of them." Frankie had to roll her eyes at her Dad's remarks. He doesn't even look old. He and her mother doesn't even age a little.

"You are old. See how many gray hairs I found on your head the other night?" She almost gagged when she saw her parents kissing in front of them.

"Eeew! Mom, Dad, enough with the PDA! Our friends are looking at you." Francesca said as she greeted her Godparents by kissing their cheeks. Liam who was just behind her laughed. She closed her eyes to enjoy the sound of his laughter.

"They always do that. Too cheesy. . ." Alejandro whispered to Luna after he hugged his Godparents.

"Don't worry, Mama and Papa are just like them." Luna rolled her eyes and Alejandro smiled.

"Kids, go back to your guests."

They were almost dismissed when she remembered one thing.

"Dad, will you please tell Uncle Denaris to quit staring at our guy friends? It's pretty creepy."

Alex just shook her head as Marco just waved his hand at Francesca.

"He's only protecting all of you. Go on. . . have fun."