15-Intruder

When the lovebirds emerged from the hotel room and into the restaurant where Luna and Alejandro were waiting, their food was already served.

"You really knew how to make an entrance. We've been waiting here for ages!" Luna exaggeratingly whined as she forked another lettuce leaf and dipped it in a black colored sauce.

"What's that?" Frankie asked when she's already seated beside her bestfriend. She pointed at the black sauce and saw Alejandro cringe.

"Soy sauce with vinegar and garlic. Do you want some? This tastes great with salad."

"You hated garlic." It was Liam who pointed that out. Alejandro motioned for him to stop but he did not notice.

"Liam, if you have a problem with garlic, just don't say anything! Why do you always question everything that I do?" Luna's voice shook as tears fell from her eyes. She looked at her brother accusingly, while the two newcomers just stared at her incredulously with their mouths agape.

"Whoa! Chill there. I was just, nevermind..." Liam looked questioningly at Alejandro who just shrugged and pulled his fiancee into his chest, kissing the top of her head and whispering for her to stop crying.

"This is the beauty of pregnancy hormones. We have to endure for a few months more," Frankie whispered to Liam who just sighed and took the fork to eat his steak. They both ate in silence, waiting for Luna to stop crying and resume her weird cravings.

"Aren't you even going to apologize?" Liam sighed at his sister's demand. He thought the issue was already solved when she was already forking one fourth of the boiled egg from her salad, dipping it in soysauce then coating it with ketchup and putting it in her mouth. He was about to complain when Frankie stepped on his foot. He looked at her and there was an obvious warning on her face.

"Sorry." It was too soft, almost inaudible that his girlfriend elbowed him. "I didn't mean to upset you, Luna. I'm sorry." With this, his sister beamed and forked another egg, dipping it in her sauce and offered it to him. After another step on his foot, he opened his mouth and closed his eyes before he muttered, "this is heaven!" After two more lettuce leaves and tomato dipped in the sauce, Luna felt satisfied that he was indeed sincere and left him alone. All the while, Frankie and Alejandro were watching them and forcing themselves not to laugh for fear of Luna's wrath.

"I want to go to the beach house tomorrow.  You still have meetings?" Luna asked Liam and he shook his head as he sipped his after meal team.

"We could all go together. My work here is done."

"Great! We could also cut our stay here shorter. We haven't told our parents yet. It's better if we announce the great news when we get home," Luna's excited voice infected all of them and they all grinned in response. Nothing beats seeing their parent's happy faces once they learn about the twins.

"I can't wait to see their reaction," Frankie said.

"I can't wait to see your reaction right now, Francesca. Como esta mi reina?"  Frankie froze at the sound of that voice. It was like she was electrified with fear. Liam and Alejandro, on the other hand were already standing and pointing their pistols at the intruder. Everything happened so fast that the girls were not aware where the guns came from.

"Pablo Diaz, what a surprise. What brought you here?" Alejandro asked. He was covering Luna while Liam was also doing the same for Frankie. Five of Pablo's men surrounded them. They were outnumbered.

"I came to claim my queen. Francesca, game over. I've given you more time than I would have allowed. Now, let's go. I don't want to ruin my suit with unnecessary bloodshed." The intruder looked at his immaculate white suit and pants that would put even Elvis Priestley's white trademark costume to shame.

"I don't know what the hell you're talking about. Francesca is not coming with you. Leave, now!" Liam's voice was too cold as it reverberated with controlled rage. He wanted to shoot the bastard in front of him but knew that he would endanger all of them by doing so.

"You're not the boss of me. I came here for her and I intend to get her. I've been too kind to share her with you for a few days but now I want her back."

"Pablo, leave! I will never go with you." Frankie recovered from the shock of seeing the man and was now standing beside Liam. Her left hand was holding the steak knife while the other was gripping a fork. Pablo saw them and smirked.

"What do you intend to do with those utensils, mi reina? You want to eat me? You still can and I will not complain as long as you use your precious mouth...like the last time." He said the last words with his eyes fixed at Liam. If the ten men from Alejandro's group who were sitting strategically inside the hotel's restaurant did not walk closer and surrounded all of them, Pablo would be lying flat on his back with a bullet on his head.

"Fuck off and leave us alone. Take these trash out and bring them to Denaris." Pablo was still smirking when he and his group were half dragged and half carried out of the restaurant and hotel.

"You reserved the whole place?" Luna may have adopted all too well with violence and drama when she didn't even seemed fazed by everything that happened. She was grinning at her fiance.

"Of course. Didn't you wonder why every guest here is a man? I knew Pablo arrived two hours after we did. I just didn't know he would be stupid enough to actually come here for Frankie," Alej replied.

"I only have eyes for you. I don't look at other men," she purred and he groaned in response. "Uncle Denaris will be more than happy to receive your early birthday gift for him, baby." The two love birds were grinning at each other like it was just a normal night.

"I'll see you guys later." Liam's icy tone broke the silence. Without even a backward glance, he left the room. Frankie wanted to come after him but Luna stopped her.

"Don't worry about my brother. He'll come around. You know him. He'll be better once he had some time alone to think. Baby, please make sure someone would follow my idiot brother?"

"Of course, Bambina." He stood up, dialed a number through his phone and issued orders in Italian. Luna took this chance to walk behind her best friend and hug her, while whispering, "let's go back to our room and tell me all about it, okay?"  

The festive night ended without any indication on when it would resume.