9-The Danger

Liam arrived at the headquarters after thirty minutes. It was on an abandoned building hidden in the outskirts of New York City and used only when interrogation is needed. He owns that building under a false name. There were times that he had to resort to violence to protect his family and his companies. He never initiated a fight but he will not bow down to anyone especially if the safety of the ones he cared about is involved.

"Boris, do you have their leader?" He asked as he walked to the old elevator which the head of security manually opened for him. The rustic smell of metal wafted in the air and a few dust were caught on his shirt when he leaned on the railings.

"Yes, boss. He's already prepped for your arrival."

Liam nodded and waited their descent to the basement of the building where the captives were waiting. What Boris meant by prepped was being drenched and beaten up. The man may have resisted to cooperate based on the number of bruises on his face and the swelling of his eyes. The blood on his arms and legs that were cut by the ninja stars also appeared to be dried up.

He sat on the chair in front of the man. He looked up at him and when he recognized who he was, the fear on his face became more prominent. His swollen eyes bulged and he struggled in his seat. Liam could hear the sound of his hands as he tried to free himself from the rope that binds them at his back.

"Who sent you?"

The man did not answer and Liam looked at Boris who immediately handed him a knife.

"I'm a very busy man and I don't like that fact that you are wasting my time. Tell me what I need to know and I will set you and your men free."

"How would I know you are telling the truth?"

"I can see the fear in your eyes and I know you are aware of who I am and what I am capable of. I'm sure you never want to cross paths with me again."

"We were just paid to get her but we did not know she was with you."

"You took twenty men to kidnap my girl?" The sound of my girl on his lips sounded good and he had to refrain himself from smiling like a loon until the end of his grilling.

"They said she was always armed."

"I bet they didn't tell you that she's more skilled than all of you combined." The man shook his head.

"Will you really let us go if we tell you?" His voice shook and Liam felt his irritation hike up. Their stroll and lunch to the park was wasted because of these weaklings.

"How could anyone ever hire cowards like you to take on a man's job?" He sounded exasperated. If his men were this scared, he would never hire anyone at all, "But yes, I will. You have my word."

"Diaz. The name I heard was Diaz." The impact of the name was like a spark of flame that fuelled his hatred.

"Boris, you know what to do. Set them free but make sure you list all their family members and the addresses. If these men at any point in their existence, goes near Francesca or any of my family ever again, kill all of them." His look was menacing. He would kill for his loved ones and his men knew that.

"Yes, boss. We know what to do."

Liam handed him the knife and he went straight back to the elevator. Another of his trusted men, Elijah came with him.

"Call my sister and Francesca's guards and ask where they are now. We're going to fetch them."

"Yes, boss." Most of his trusted men were his martial arts classmates before and their loyalty to him and his family were tested. "They are at West 33rd Street, Boss."