8-The Deal

Two hours after the heated discussion with his sister and the blazing hot make out session with Francesca, Boris called to inform him that the men who tried to harm them are now waiting for his verdict.

He thanked the heavens that the two women weren't at the living room when he left the penthouse. Frankie informed him that they will be going out shopping and would be taking four guards with them. He simply agreed. He didn't want any more disagreement after an exhausting afternoon. He went to their headquarters, the one he uses for dealings such as this.

Liam, being a close family member of a mafia clan will always be at risk and he already accepted that fate when he realized he could not do anything about it. Aside from the fact that his godfather is the leader of one of the biggest organization in the world, dominating Italy and Japan, he also wanted to claim as his, the mafia princess who is at the moment, shopping with his sister.  As he went down the private lift and into his waiting car, he remembered the discussion he had with Lance, Marco and Denaris on Frankie's sixteenth birthday.

"Son, would you care to explain this?" His father handed him a tablet linked to the cameras on the estate. He cursed in his mind. He thought they were hidden from view but one camera caught him kissing the birthday celebrant. Another angle made him groan, he was caressing her bare back and she was fisting his hair. He felt hot all over just watching their kiss. He looked around the estate's bar and lounge to check if the A/C is running. His godfather tapped his finger on the bar stool before he got up to sit on it.

"It's my birthday gift to be her first kiss." He tried to lighten up the conversation but the three men looked conspicuously at him.

"You know what this means, right?" It was Denaris who asked.

"Do I have to marry her? Because I will if you ask me." It was not a joke for him. He knew he feel something for Francesca but it would be like breaking into a needle if he wanted to pursue her. It would seem like he was betraying his family.

"Definitely not. It's just a kiss but what I want to know is, why?" His godfather is a very understanding man. Liam knew he loves him like his own son and he could see that with the way he was looking at him now, with compassion.

"I feel something special for Francesca, Uncle. I would like to court her when it is the right time." He bravely replied. There is no point in denying his plans.

"When do you think is the right time, son?"

Liam sighed. He had to choose his words or else, he would lose his chance.

"On her 20th birthday."

The three men looked at each other and Liam sighed. They have this uncanny way of communicating with their eyes. They were silently debating their verdict.

"Very well then. It's settled. If in case you still want to pursue your plan with your godsister," Liam winced as Marco emphasized the word sister, "we will not hinder you from doing so, but, you have to stay away from her for the next month and years."

"What?! Why?"

"Look again." Marco pointed at the tablet and Liam only groaned.

"Liam, Frankie is very young and you know how stubborn and hard headed she is at times." Denaris replied.

"Most of the time." He murmured and the three men just nodded their heads in agreement.

"It would be best if you stay away from her until the time you want to pursue her." His father looked at him and smiled.

"I also have another condition." Liam waited as Marco stood up from his chair and poured a glass of scotch. He handed it to him.

"What is the other condition?"

"Build your own empire and learn how to protect yourself and everyone around you. That will help you in case you still want to be with my daughter in four years time."

He nodded his head and the three men tapped his back.

Liam became too obsessed with building his empire and in being true to his word that he would stay away from Francesca. She also changed and became someone he doesn't know anymore. She became the complete opposite of the sweet, innocent but feisty girl she was when she was still young. She partied a lot and got into trouble almost every month. She's notorious with men and Marco often complains that she goes with the wrong crowd.

Liam tried to reach out to her when he went to visit her on her 20th birthday. He flew to Italy straight from a business meeting in Japan, still wearing a suit as he was too tired to even raise his arm. It was finally time to show her his true feelings and he would have given her the world if he was not surprised and hurt by what he heard.

"Frankie, who was that guy who came in?"

"Who?"

"The super hot guy wearing a suit." He heard her laughter and it would have been music to his ears if not for her next words.

"He's nobody. Just a family friend. I don't even know why he's here. Maybe he's just lost or something."

"But he was looking at you like he wanted you."

"That's impossible. He's just like a brother to me. I don't even like him. Come on, let's go back to the party and not waste time in talking about him." Liam felt like he was punched straight at his gut. His chest constricted in pain.

"You mean, I could go and flirt with him if I want to?"

"Sure. I don't care."

He left the party that night without saying goodbye. What he heard was enough for him to decide to stop fantasizing about her. He even hid all her pictures that were displayed on his house and at his office desk. Liam immersed himself with his work and in building one empire after another. He swore off women.

When he learned that his sister was secretly dating Alejandro when they were 20, he decided to help them keep their secret. He discovered that they have been dating for almost a year when he caught them kissing on a car parked in their garage. He hired men to make sure that both families will be oblivious to the relationship. He saw the way Alej looked at Luna and how she would smile whenever they were together. He did not want his father and godfather to mess things up with them like what they did to him and Francesca. Liam wanted to help his sister and Alej build a strong relationship and then admit to their parents at the right time. But then, they have been hiding for five years too long and he just had to burst their bubble last year when he barged in a guest room where he knew they would be in.

All hell broke lose but Alej and Luna's love for each other won and they were engaged the following day.

Now, Frankie is finally back in Liam's life. He may be in deep shit for not admitting to his parents and Uncle that he still feel something for Frankie but he doesn't give a damn. He would have her whether they agreed or not. He just needs to be careful not to get burned by her the second time around.