30-Back at One

LIAM and Frankie witnessed Alej and Luna's love journey and were both teary eyed with happiness as their siblings said I dos to each other. Both the Garcias and Montgomerys were thankful that there were no episodes during the wedding ceremony up to the reception fit for royalty. The issue with Diana died down when Frankie assured everyone that she will be handling her case. Though Denaris disagreed at first, Frankie won in the end. True to her word, everything went smoothly.

"Now that the two love birds are gone for their honeymoon and everything seems back to normal, let's go back to New York," Frankie suggested as they were both preparing to go to bed the night after the newlyweds departed for their honeymoon trip to the Caribbean gifted to them by the Barrons.

"Are you sure? Your parents may want to keep you here longer because they will miss Alej," Liam's eyes trained on Frankie's naked back as she stepped out of her dress and teasingly went inside the shower. He was quick to follow suit.

"Diana is here to keep them company. Besides, they have to get used to not having us around since we decided to settle in New York after our wedding." She replied as Liam turned the warm water on. Since it had been their habit to converse while having a bath and doing other juicy stuff, he made sure that the soft water jets were aimed from their shoulders downward. He started to lather her body with lavender scented body wash. Frankie moaned as his hands moved to her chest down to her legs.

"It's nice to hear that word."

"What?"

"Our wedding," he kept his pace and Frankie joined him, making sure that he feels the same sensations that he was giving her.

"Our wedding that we don't have to plan anymore because our mothers are already preparing for it and all we had to do was to attend next year?" Frankie said in between moans as they both turned their body heat a few notches higher with the use of their talented hands.

"Are you disappointed that you don't get to plan it?" Liam asked as he gently rinsed off the soap suds from their bodies.

"Actually, no. I grew up always trying to do something on my own and now is the last time that I will let my parents, our parents do something for me. Besides, I'll be busy in New York working with you."

"I love working with you and working on you," were his words as he wrapped a towel on Frankie and carried her to the bed where they made love tirelessly until dawn.

THE day of their return to New York came. Frankie found it difficult to say goodbye even after spending only a few weeks with her family especially since Diana came back and will be staying with them.

"Are you sure you'll be okay here?" Frankie asked her friend as they hugged inside Diana's room when she said her goodbyes.

"Yes. I'll come visit you when I'm clear to go," her voice may seem sad but she was smiling. Frankie knew what she meant. She's having treatments and regular therapy in the confines of their home. Her mental state had been unstable and triggered by her mother's death and this was the reason for her paranoia.

"I'm really glad you agreed to everything. Thank you for opening up and telling me the truth." Frankie did not expect that she would open up to her quickly. It turned out that Diana suffered from anxiety and paranoia. During that time, she became close with Pablo Diaz and he was the one who first recognized her condition. He used that knowledge to make things worse. He gave her drugs and brainwashed her mind into mistrusting everyone around her. Diana knew that she was being used but she couldn't resist. It was like he had total control whenever he says a trigger word to Diana and she could not do anything about it. It was Liam who figured it out when they were trying to put the pieces back together. It was also Liam who found out about the mental facility that connived with Pablo so that Diana will be worse that when she came in for treatment.

"I know how much trust you have in me and I'm really sorry for trying to hurt everyone..."

"Shhhh... I know you didn't want to. You're just forced to do those awful things. Things will get better soon." Frankie assured her friend. She wanted to stay with her but she knew Diana would get better soon now that they knew the real story. 

"Thank you."

"Diana, please be okay?" Frankie couldn't control the tears that fell from her eyes and her friend hugged her tightly before she replied.

"I'm on my way there. I'm taking things seriously this time."

"Good. Besides, Pablo and his men will no longer be a threat or problem to you or me. Our fathers made sure of that." Frankie knew how her father and Uncle Denaris handle unnecessary violence or bloodshed, but if someone messes up with family, they're dead meat. Truly enough, news of Pablo and his men's death was confirmed the morning following Liam's report on what really happened to Diana.

"I created a mess that they had to clean up."

"They were the mess. Always remember that family comes first. We're a family. You have a family. Don't ever forget that." Frankie emphasized the word family and Diana hugged her tighter. She knew that Denaris is still struggling to reach out to his daughter and through time, their relationship would improve.

***

Thank you for patiently waiting for this update. Sorry to have kept you waiting.