18- Family's Bond

It was mid day when he woke up. Both Liam and Frankie needed sleep and that's what they did after having breakfast. Liam cooked for his princess and she was smiling all throughout their meal because of the heart shaped pancake with chocolate drizzle on top and eggs with I love you, Frankie written in ketchup. Liam dialled Alejandro's number and he answered on the first ring.

"Bro, has the package been delivered?" Liam looked back at the room where he left his girlfriend sleeping soundlessly. He smiled. She looked fragile underneath the covers, not like the mafia princess that could dodge bullets and throw daggers. For a moment there, he was distracted and he heard Alejandro called his name twice before he asked him to repeat his response.

"To repeat my answer, yes. We are waiting for their response as we speak."

Liam sighed and went to the balcony overlooking the ocean. He closed his eyes and smelled the breeze before he replied. "We tried to avoid this but it was them who waged war on us."

"Do you want to speak with him? I'm here right now. Do you hear his scream?" Liam smirked and sat on one of the lounge chairs. He propped his feet on the table and relaxed himself with the knowledge that someone deserving is being punished at that moment.

"I'd rather stay away. I don't want to stain my hands with unworthy blood." Liam hated Pablo Diaz more than anyone now that he knew about what the bastard did to Frankie but they still need him.

"The son of a bitch is fucking tough! He would not admit anything." He heard the wrath in Alejandro's voice and he couldn't blame him since he felt the same way. Liam knew how protective Alej is with his twin sister and it's taking too much of his self control to not outright shoot Pablo with his gun.

"Let him. He would miss all his fingers if keeps on denying the allegations against him. I'm wondering how his clan would react with our message." Liam smirked. It is hard to ignore an amputated finger with their family ring as bonus.

"We received a response just now. They want a truce and an exchange. A life for a life. But I don't know whose life they will be trading." They were both silent for a few seconds. He peered inside the room where Frankie was sleeping to check if she's safe. He sighed and replied to Alej.

"Warn our families. Make sure everyone is protected. We have to know who they're trading first before we answer."

"I agree with you on that one. I doubled security. Don't worry about it. We'll know if anyone is in danger. How is Frankie?" His voice softened in reference to his sister. 

"She's still asleep now but from our little talk this morning, she still haven't gotten over Diana's death. Shall we tell her the truth?" Liam closed the balcony door to ensure that his girlfriend will not hear him.

"No. She would search heaven and earth for her if we tell her that there's a possibility that she's still alive. Even Uncle Denaris agreed not to tell her."

"I'll respect your decision but as I have said before, it doesn't mean I agree with all of you. I don't understand why Uncle Denaris had to keep on pretending that his daughter is dead when she's not."

"He said it was his wife's dying wish. To let their daughter live a life away from him. Maybe he took it seriously...Hey, Bro, I've got to go. Father is on the other line, I'll let him know the situation, except for your status with my sister. One more thing, Luna and I will be driving to Tallow later tonight. Expect us in the morning."

"Thanks for always covering for me. See you tomorrow."

"That's what brothers are for."

Liam went back inside the room and stopped just in front of his muse. He took some pictures of her while sleeping, zooming on her gorgeous face before he saved the photos in his gallery. He may seem like a stalker but he loved taking pictures of her when she's sleeping. She looked like an angel. If only he could preserve every peaceful moment they have together, he would, but he knew that it would be impossible. Their lives will never be peaceful.

On his way to Tallow Beach, he thought about how their life would be once they settled down. He may have built his own empire and could already prove to his father and godfather that he is capable of taking care of Frankie despite who they are, but the danger will always be persistently in their wake. They could never deny the power and danger that comes with being attached to their names. His father may not be biologically linked to the influential Sicilian Mafia of Marco Garcia or the Japanese Yakuza, Yamakami-gumi of Alessandra Rossi Takoa Bellini Garcia but they grew up as a family. Because of that, Alejandro, Luna, Frankie and Liam grew up with that fact in mind and now, their relationship will be official once his sister marries a Garcia. Since they were kids they were trained to know how the organization works, how to protect themselves and the people they love, how to take care of the group and families under their protection. They were trained to fight and kill to protect themselves. He wondered if he would still want that for his family.

Liam laid down beside Frankie and tried to appease his mind by staring at her. As if on cue, she slowly opened her eyes and raised one arm to caress his face with her soft fingers. He closed his eyes at the contact.

"Good afternoon, I presume?" she asked, her hand shifting from his cheek to his nose, lips down to his neck.

"Yes," he moaned when her hand moved South and settled on something that seemed to get larger with every stroke.

"I'm hungry and would like to eat," she whispered in his ear and he almost lost his control when she dipped her tongue and teased his earlobe.

"I'll prepare some food," he moaned again as her hand went inside the band of his boxers.

"No need. I have something in mind that would satisfy my craving." Her voice was sultry and his already darkened eyes dilated with the way she was looking at him as she straddled him and grinded herself on the hardest part of his body which she was also fortunately holding. She moved gracefully and slid lower so that her mouth would meet her hands.

"Oh, fuck," his voice was hoarse and his hands were clenching the side of his pillow. He looked down and saw her smirking at him before licking him like a popsicle.

"Soon, my love. Very soon."

They spent the rest of their day locked inside the room, proving how much they loved and missed each other.