Chapter-7

Avani's pov:-

After a two months..
       I woke up cursing the alarm which has been ringing from 10 minutes...Before I switch it off,arya did it...I looked at him with sleepy eyes and hairs falling all over my face...He just smiled and kept the coffee cup on the table beside...

      He opened the balcony door and curtains on the glass window welcoming the gentle rays on morning sun hitting my eyes...Slowly I tried to adjust to the light....."Good morning dear"he said ruffling my hair...I lo...like when he does this...

      It's 6:30 already...Today is my rejoining in office....I brushed my teeth and sat on edge of the bed...I took the coffee cup in my hands and walked till balcony...Our house is an independent house situated in the heart of the city still the canopy and atmosphere makes it pleasant...

     I looked around..It's early spring...The cuckoo is singing loudly for its mate and sparrows are feeding on the grains arya has sprinkled...This is another habit of him...Feeding birds everyday..He will put the rice grains on walls and a bucket of cool water below...So all the birds fill their stomach and play happily.. Their chirpings are my natural wakeup call...The dew drops are still holding on the edge of grass blades...Rays of sunshine falling on them and shining like diomands on the earth...

  I inhaled the aroma of coffee...hmm....Felt so good...And took my first sip closing my eyes and feeling the taste.....Everyday of my new life starts like this...

    Then the routine goes on...I will take my bath..Enter the kitchen and make some breakfast for both of us...Meanwhile he will get ready and I got ready for the office today...By the time I came to kitchen,he is setting the table and serving the breakfast...I tried to interrupt but he said it's okay...Today onwards I will be going to office so we need to share the chores...I just nodded...

    He had our breakfast silently...He tried to talk but I just replied in monosyllabic words...while leaving I asked "arya..umm...the thing is...I couldn't pack lunch today..Can you...I mean..Eat at your office café?"

     "Yeah that's okay... From tomorrow,we need to hire a maid...Let's see"with that we locked our home and before I got into my car,he walked up to me quickly... I moved backwards unintentionally my back touching the car door and I can literally hear my heartbeat....He lifted my chin up..His hot breaths touching and caressing my cheeks..Looked into my eyes conveying something..My heart still pounding....I stood like a statue not knowing how to respond..He just said"take care dear..See you in the evening"with that he left...

I was like..."what the hell!!"this is so strange...

    I drove off to my office...I entered I yo the same old office like a completely new person..Married women!!!with sindhoor on my partition and mangalsutra adorning my neck...Soon I started receiving strange looks as well as greetings on my marriage..I just thanked them with a fake smile...I met my team lead...He gracefully welcomed me back...

     It's like returning back to home after long time...I am not very ambitious and career oriented but being away from him for sometime make me feel less guilty

    The guilt that I could never reciprocate the love and affection he is showing on me...The guilt feeling that I can only become his wife and take his name but never be able to fulfil my position in his life...Guilt I can never become his soulmate...I can neither forget arjun,my first love nor can I forgive myself for troubling arya...Save me god!!!

     Our office is currently working on US based project...I need to overwork for some days to fill the gap I have left...My friend offered to share her time as I am "married now"..And I will have things to take care of...I worked till late evening without knowing,the time flew away...Atlast I heard my phone vibrating...It's arya calling...I am panicked looking at the time..It's past 8 pm already...