chapter - 9

Avani pov

His every word was making my heart stabbing with guilt....

I have done wrong...I shouldn't have agreed to the marriage...but I was not left with any other choice...

Flash back

How many years you spend waiting for him...?? My mom yelled..

" Until my last breath".. I said looking into my mom's eyes...

We can't die every day listening to the taunts of the society when we keep our daughter with out doing marriage in our house....my dadi yelled ......

" If you feel I am a burden I am ready to live independently"..I said in the same tone...

Stop it...my dad yelled...

Ur my princess not any burden to me beta...my dad said keeping his hand on on my  forehead...

" We may not be with u for life long..we want you to settle in ur life...we want you to be happy....

You have waited for 2 years beta...he didn't return...

May be he will not"...my dad said the last word as a whisper....

" No dad my Arjun has promised me...he will come...it's just 2 years dad...I can wait for him..for my whole life"..I said letting my tears fall freely....

Mom, dad why are you silent they are taking about ur son...you know him more than me...na please say dad that he will come...I begged them falling on my knees...

Beta we are not ready to loose our valuable gift of our lives to some one..but we can't see you spoiling ur own life with ur own hands..ur dad was saying right...you have to move on beta....arjun's mom said hugging me...

You all are bad...I hate you all....I said yelling...

Shut up !

No more words...I have already seen a match for you they are coming tomorrow..u are saying yes to them..my dad yelled at me...

No I can't betray my Arjun....

No...I yelled...

Then u will be the reason for your dad's death...

"If you say no to the marriage..that will be the last sunset to me"...he said in a high tone..

You can't black mail me dad..I yelled..

I can he said taking the knife from the dinning table...and keeping it on his wrist...

I was pleading him with my eyes...he was pushing the knife into his wrist..

I saw the blood coming from his wrist...

Dad...

I ran to him...and tied his hand with the cloth tightly...to stop the bleeding...

I will....

I will..

I said running to my room.....

I tried to kill myself to escape from the torture...but arjun's face stopped me....

What if he comes...and curses me for leaving him...

What if he takes his life seeing me away from him...

Noo...

I thought of pleading the bride to cancel the marriage...