Chapter-21

Avani pov
    I woke up feeling much better better than so many days... I felt light...

    sharing your pain means a lot to anybody... not everyone will share your pain and hear you out...I felt so contented and enthusiastic actually...

     I slowly got up and looked at Aryan...he is still sleeping soundly..
he is looking innocent,just like a baby..I went and sat beside him...behind his innocent face,there is a way more matured man,a patient listener,a good  friend,a caring and understanding husband...I thought..

     I was about to get up and go when he caught my hand..."don't go"he mumbled...my hairs stood straight,my cheeks went red with embarrassment and my heart is thumping..he was awake all the time I sat there...God!!!what will he think about me...

     Slowly I turned back just to realise that he is indeed asleep and mumbling in dream...huff!!!I released my breath..I didn't even realise I was holding my breath...

     I brought him tea this time more carefully..after freshening up,we drank tea together...it was like meeting your long lost friend...I have this new comfort zone with him which I never had...he started cracking jokes on me and I did on him...I have never seen this side of him...

You could have seen if you allowed him to show ..my mind whispered which I usually brushed off...

    I asked the doctor while he is on rounds he told that Aryan will be discharged tomorrow morning which is a relief...as usual our most entertaining in laws came so I went home...

      Unlike any other day I looked forward for the evening...I longed to talk to him and I want to share his grief patiently just like he did mine but he is not an easy book to open..

    I prepared simple roti and curry..kitchen looked like there was an earthquake here...the flour stuck to my hands,face and hairs..I looked like a devil..haha...

    I cleaned the kitchen which I never did in my whole life and bathed got ready,packed food and was about to leave but...the time is still 5.30 which is an hour before my actual time...who cares?

     I went early I hope he will not recognise anyway and knocked the door...

Aryan pov:-
            My heart raced the moment I heard a knock..I know it's her but it's still 6 this is not her normal time....

Is that a signal from her side?

Ohhhh...shut it..you still didn't learn a lesson right?

Urggh!!! you're such a pessimist... forget it!

    She smiled awkwardly at me...I smiled warmly at her.."umm...where are Mama and Papa?"she asked hesitantly..

      "I sent them away Avani...I am not a kid to babysit all day...moreover I can take care of myself..."

     "Yeah...I can see that..."Avani mocked at me looked at struggle I am having to pick the apple which fell down...

Did you see this?she never joked with you...

You wish!!!!!

She picked the apple,washed and gave it to me..."are you feeling better today?"

    "Yeah I guess..."I replied looking straight into her eyes...she diverted her gaze immediately...

You saw that right?now get your thoughts straight...

Arghh!!!!

    "You came early.."I asked just to confirm...

    "I got bored in home actually"