Chapter 1: Cuts

Warning, if you are sensitive to things such as self-harm or cuts, please stop reading.

Lesley POV

Today's the day in which I finally transfer. I feel anxious about my first day, because it's the day you make your first impressions. Mess the first day up, you mess your whole schoolyear up.

I continue to pack my bag as I shove the last notebook in the bag and place my phone delicately in my pocket. I proceed to head out my room with the bag and take one last look into my bedroom to see if I left anything behind.
Seems like I have everything. Though, I was unsure..

It took me a moment when I realised I forgot a certain tool.
'Oh, wait!' I thought to myself.

I walked back into the room and grabbed the small blade wrapped in paper on the top of my drawer.
The blade which has been kissing my wrist for years.

I exit my room, not realizing I forgot the second most important item to me. My earphones.
I absent mindedly exit the house and walk down the street to the bus stop. I take a seat on the bench and pull out a book to keep me entertained for the time being. The bus doesn't arrive until almost 10 minutes.

-

Not long after, I hear the bus pull over and the doors open. I enter the bus, taking every step and sit at the back, where I always am.
I placed the book back in my bag as I leaned on the window and view the scene outside.

Time Skip

After a short while in the bus, we got to the front of the school. I exit the bus and stand in front of the gate.
It was a rather large school. The walls were made with solid brick and the gate was painted black. Not to mention the giant building at the entrance.
I let out a sigh as I take my first steps in this school. I just hope my shortened life here goes better.

I head over to the information counter to recieve my schedule.
The lady behind the counter immediately recognizes me as a new student and hands me over the schedule sheet.
I give her a smile as I sit on the bench and observe my schedule.

'Let's see.. I have Home Room as my first schedule. Perfect time to give everyone a first impression.'

Gussion POV

I have just entered the school and I'm now making my way towards the counter to pay my tuition.
The weight of my guitar on my back makes it much harder to walk.

I pull out my money as well as the notice letter.
I enter the building and see an unfamiliar girl with long braided hair sitting on the bench.
'Must be a new student.' I think to myself.
I'm fine with new students, as long as they don't bother me. I can't even see her face thanks to the sheet covering her face.

I just shrug it off and pay the tuition to the lady behind the counter.

A small while later.

-RING!!! RING!!! RING!!!-

The bell rings indicating it's time to start our day. I have Home Room as my first subject, so I proceed to my classroom.
I enter and the sound of chattering and whispering repeats itself once again. At this point, I'm so used to it that it doesn't even bother me anymore. I take my seat and wait for the teacher.

Lesley POV

I enter the classroom and scan the room for a vacant seat. The only vacant seat is the one next to this brown haired boy. So it's the one I take.
I lower my bag down and pull out my phone to listen to music. Might as well. The teacher hasn't even arrived.