Chapter 9: Shattered Square

Gussion POV

It happened last night. Last night, my feelings for Lesley became official. I'm so happy with the fact that, we both share mutual feelings.

My face squishes against a pillow as I try to hide my red face from the world.
I still can't believe everything. As I endulge in my own feelings, I hear my phone buzz. I check it from my bedside table to see that Lesley has sent me a message.

Lesley:
Hey Gussion
Wanna go out maybe later?
I mean only if you're available if you're not then its fine

Gussion:
Yo Les
Yeah sure I'd love to go out
What time and where?

Lesley:
Maybe 7pm later. Just hang out around the Dawns Square.

Gussion:
Sounds good! I'll pick you up at 6:40. Syl ❤

Lesley:
What's the heart for?

Gussion:
Im just giving you my luv ;; Do you not like it?

Lesley:
Nah

Gussion:
T T 💔

No matter. She'll fall for me someday.

Time Skip: Pick Up

I'm sporting a blue sweater with white pants and black converse. I think this 'date' may just be casual. After all Lesley's not much of a picky lady.

I wait for Lesley inside the car, admiring the house from the front.
Not long later, Lesley came outside wearing an everyday dark blue dress and white flats. Something new I noticed however was her hair was loose and not in the usual braid state.
I loved seeing her like this, with her hair untied like that it looks beautiful with all the volumous locks.

She enters the car and takes the backseat.

"You look amazing tonight." I tell her from the frontseat

"Thanks. You too. Really sporting those converse."

"So I'm surprised your parents let you go out despite not having met me before. Did you sneak out or something?"

"No my mom is out of town and my dad's out at the casino as usual."

"Your dad has a gambling habit?"

"He does. My parents both have frequent arguements about it."

I had no words left to give her and just started to drive.

After a small hour drive, we arrived at the front of the Dawns Square.

(P.s. Dawns Square is basically NY Times Square)

We both take a stroll around the streets, admiring the strewt lights ans taking a few pictures here and there.

As we were joking around, sitting on bench I noticed Lesley start to look down. I ask her what's the matter.

"It's nothing.. It's just that-"

Lesley got cut off by the sound of her stomach grumbling.

"You're hungry?" I continue

"Y-yes.." she answeres with a hint of embarassment touched on her face.

We both set off to look for restaurants in the area. There were many, ranging from high class restaurants and then there are the usual family restos, and even ones with high aesthetic.

We decided to settle down at a Japanese Cuisine place. A waitress wearing a long white kimono with long white hair and an umbrella came up to us to take our order.

We ordered a salmon platter as well as a side of ramen noodles and two strawberry cheesecakes as a sweet touch.

We were both patiently waiting and talking to each other when Lesley got a call.

3rd Person POV

Lesley proceeded to pick the call up and answer with her sweet voice and a joyous face, yet the happiness in her expression slowly grew into a worried one as her eyes lost their

A tear formed in Lesley's eye as she dropped her phone from her ear, completely frozen as the sound of the shattering device hitting the floor screamed through the entire room.

She never knew she'd live to hear the day she heard those heart wrenching words.