Chapter 6: Rehearsal

Gussion POV

We both got down from the rooftop and make our way to the school gates with our bags. It was dismissal anyways.
I managed to comfort Lesley which always gives me a rewarding feeling when I do so. I feel acomplished.

I suddenly got an idea.

See, I still don't have Lesley's number yet. So I decided to device a plan since straight up asking her for it would be akward.

"Hey, Lesley. I thought your song was pretty great. Do you mind giving me the sheets and lyrics for those?"

"Oh sure. Do you want them on paper or-?"

"No text will do fine. Oh! I still don't have your number."

My plan went perfectly and me and Lesley exchanged numbers. I felt good as I walked her over to the bus stop.

Lesley POV

I finally got home. I arrive at the front of this living hell hole once again.
I open the door, letting out a deep sigh. I already knew what I was about to get.

But to my surprise, my parents weren't there.
Guess my body got a break for once.

Now that my embarassing music club audition was done, I had to start with the dance club audition.

Tomorrow's Saturday, so I suppose I could start the choreography tomorrow.

Time Skip

I fold my notebook as I finish writing the last letter of my homework. I'm exhausted.
I take a stretch and head to the bathroom to brush my teeth.

After I finished, I switched to my usual sleepwear which is an oversized T-shirt with only underwear on. I know it's weird, but it's comfortable sleeping like this.

I laid down on my bed as my body was straight and I was staring at the ceiling, thinking about random thoughts.

I suddenly snap out of my imagination when I heard my phone beep.
I looked over to see who what it was, only to see a message from Gussion's number.

I quickly set the contact name and replied.

Gussion:
Hey there Lesley! Whatcha doing?

Lesley:
Oh not much. Just laying in bed.

Gussion:
That's it? Really?

Lesley:
Yes. And why did you even start texting me?

Gussion:
Well I wanted to ask you if...

Lesley:
If?

Gussion:
If you wanted to make a duet for the dance club as an audition

I stuck thought to myself for a moment. A duo with Gussion? I guess it would appeal to the audience more. But at the same time it would start some unecessary shipping. I mean, he's an okay guy but when it comes to a relationship he wouldn't be my first choice.

Lesley:
Sure I guess

Gussion:
That's great! When are you available?