Chapter 12: Sentiment

Gussion POV

The longer Lesley stayed away, the more distant we became. She would sometimes tell me how she feels and that she's doing fine, though it makes me bitter to know not a single I miss you came from her.

Sometimes I don't even know what to expect anymore. Was that kiss just a one time thing?
I ask as I touch my dry lips. Wondering if I'd ever get to feel her lips on mine ever again.

Ah, maybe it's better to talk to her about this rather than keep these thoughts to myself.

I open my laptop and search for Lesley's name on the call lobby.

Pressing on the telephone icon, I patiently wait for her to answer.

There she was again, velvet purple hair flowing through her body as her dark emerald eyes stare at me. These moments just make me realize how much I'd love to hold her in my arms again.

"Hey, Gussion. Why'd you call?"

"Ah, not much. Just wanted to speak with you again. You know, check up on a few things with you."

"But you always say that whenever you call. Gussion, I know you. When you call you're pretty relaxed. But it seems to me there's something troubling you."

I stay silent and just stare at the screen. Lesley lets out a sigh before saying

"Hey. I know you're always the one looking out for me but this time you can tell me what's bothering you, ok? I know you have your own problems to face and I'm here to listen to them. So, you know. Open up." She sits, her legs crossing each other, ready to listen to whatever balderdash I have to talk about again.

(bal·der·dash

/ˈbôldərˌdaSH/

noun

senseless talk or writing; nonsense.)

After talking with her for a while, I managed to lift some weight off my shoulders and she was gladly very understanding. Honestly, this might all just be an excuse to talk to her again.

I close the laptop once the call was over. Looking outside the window, I suddenly got an idea.

I went downstairs and got my jacket from the hanger, as well as my keys hanging on the door.

"Where are you going, son?" My dad asks.

"Just around town. Not really going anywhere in particullar."

I head to my car and start it up and start driving around town, trying to retrieve as many nostalgic memories of her as possible.

I spot places where we'd go and I'd imagine us together before that image fades in my head.

From the school where I first met her, to the dance studio and even the Japanese Restaurant we got food from.

God, do I miss her.

Through my small trip, I finally end up in a parking lot. Filled with a decent amount of cars. I remember that once she fell asleep in the back of my car.

Why are these memories so bitter towards me? Can't I just be with her peacefully?

I cross my arms and rest them on the wheel, head down as tears rush down my cheeks. Occasional sobs escape my mouth as I think as to what I would do to be with her again.

And I doubt she feels the same way.