Chapter 10: Gone

"Your mother's gone." she heard through the phone.

Lesley stood there, shattered. It was as if her entire world has fallen apart.

Her mother was abusive of her, she felt neglected by her own parents.

Yet, why did it still hurt when she's now gone?

Her mother didn't do anything for her to live, but just hearing loss makes her want to cry.

She told the news to Gussion, and they had to put the order out for takeout. They had to go, Lesley has already gone through enough.

Gussion brought Lesley over to his house with the bag of food they took out. He sat her down at the sofa as Lesley continued to cry on Gussion's shoulder.

Theg both did not have any words, and Lesley only gave sobs.
Gussion remaimed embracing Lesley as each tear fell from her cold, swollen eyes.

"Les, I know it's hard, but you need to try your best and pull yourself together." Gussion said. It was all he could say to comfort her.

Lesley started to calm down, and just rest her head on Gussion's shoulder. Looking down at the soft woven carpet as the fire crackles in front of them.
Gussion's parents come in on them and rush over to Lesley.

"My dear, your eyes are swollen! What happened to you?" Gussion's mother asked.

"Her mom died in a car crash earlier this evening. We had to leave the date as it was an emergency.

Luckily, Gussion's parents were kind enough to let Lesley stay for the night, as she had no where else to go. In the meantime, they learned that she was the girl that Gussion kept telling them stories about. She was also the girl their son was courting, and they were extremely supportive of their relationship as no other girl has made their son become so soft as much as she does.

The next morning, they both drove over to the hospital and Lesley found her mother's body inside a dark room as it was covered by a sheet. Lesley was too afraid to come close, yet too curious not to pull down the cover.

There, she saw her mother's lifeless face, and tears started racing down her face. Gussion comforted her as he also observed the body in front of him.

-Time Skip-

A short while went by and they were both sitting outside the room where Lesley's mother's body was. Lesley felt too tired and accidentally fell asleep on Gussion's shoulder.

Gussion was just sitting there, waiting for Lesley's father to arrive as she dozed off on his shoulder. Speaking of Lesley, he looked over to her sleeping face and gently caressed her cheeks, pushing her loose hairs to the side and kissing her on the  forehead.

"You know, Les. You're probably on the strongest person I've ever met. You've held yourself through so much, and I'm surprised you managed to pull through it all. But, I just want you to know that I love you and I want you to just stay strong for me and everyone else." Gussion whispered, soft enough to not wake Lesley up, but loud enough to make sure only she hears it.

He suddenly heard a phone ringing. It was the landline. Gussion carefully set Lesley down and picked up the call.

"Gussion Paxley speaking."

"Ah, is Lesley there by any chance? A feminine voice said through the line.

Gussion left the call hanging for a second and gently woke Lesley up. She slowly opened her eyes amd woke up from her sleep to tiredly answered the call.

"Lesley speaking." She said through the phone.

"Lesley, dear. We heard about the unfortunate news about your mother. We are sorry to hear that, but me and your uncle have fully decided to let you live with us for now. Please start packing and bidding farewell to your friends and your dad. We will be meeting you at the airport, next week Monday. Cheers."

But before she could answer back, the phone gut cut off.

She was too tired to comprehend anything, and collapsed in front of the phone.