Chapter 13: Escape

It's been too long. Gussion slowly loses himself at the fact that he can't hold Lesley again.

Sometimes, he even thinks of ways to escape his thoughts yet they keep creeping back to his mind.

2 years.

2 long years she's been gone. And the sad part is that she barely even talks to him these days.
He heard that she's now in college. She lives on her own now and he was told she even saw her brother again after studying abroad for 4 years.

Her life's been doing great, but what was he up to these past 2 years?

Thinking of her. The hole in his heart was specially carved for her to be in, yet she never was. All the time he kept trying to forget her. Gussion even tried seeing someone else yet it never worked out.

His life was a mess. All he wanted was her, but if she wasn't there to be with him then what was the point of his life after all?

• • •

"Gussion, I told you to try and get over her already. Her absence is destroying you too much, and you have to learn to overcome the thoughts in your mind. Even I as your friend think it's getting unhealthy." Claude tried to advice the brunette.

They'd both been hanging out a lot recently per Gussion's request yet the only thing Gussion asks Claude to do is give him advice.

Every timw Clause said the same thing.

Get over her, your obsession with Lesley's getting unhealthy.

Yet he never listened. He never does. All he does after that is ditch his friend's words and lie in bed waiting if by any chance, hopefully, just hopefully

Lesley will turn up to him again.

• • •

"What do you mean go to a club?" Gussion asks, tired in his usual voice.

"Dude, face it. Lesley's over you. Why keep bothering with her when you can find another girl? It's easy, man." Saber says, this time taking over Claude's role of friend-adviser.

His advice isn't the best. You'd think drinking and going to a bar to look for a girl would only add to Gussion's problems, but in the end Saber means well and only wants the best for his sentimental friend.

"So, what do you say? Just a drink or too?" The dusty-rose haired boy said. Reaching out to his brunette friend's hand.

"Deal."

Saber jumps in joy, he finally convinced Gussion to go clubbing with him. What's the risk in finding your friend a wingman?
Plus, it's only for one night.

He promised that if they don't find a girl in the evening, they'd never go back. Atleast that was what he said.

The first night went slightly different than expected. Instead of hitting on the girls, Gussion ended up just wasting his time by the bar counter, waiting for his friend to finish his feud in the dance floor while alcohol accompanies his side.

In the end, Saber managed to convince Gussion for another night.

The second night went similarly like the first, Saber went dancing and Gussion took up his glasses of alcohol till they got stuffed of the rave lights and people grinding on each other.

The nights repeated and repeated, going on a cycle with no difference in between them.
In the end, clubbing was just a huge waste of money for the both of them.

"Come on, Gussion. Please, I promise this is the last night. If you don't find a girl by this time I promise to leave you alone." Saber was pleading. It took a lot of convincing, but in the end he got Gussion to go out for a last night.

It was going repetitive as usual. Gussion was sick of this pathetic cycle of clubbing and stood up to leave the place, but he suddenly felt someone pull him back to the counter.
He looked over and saw a girl, grip strong on his wrist. She had black hair, it was in a pony tail. Her eyes glowing of a crimson red.

"Hey there, do you mind taking me home? I'm too scared to go back on my own." The girl asked.

Gussion at this point was too tired to even comprehend anything, and absent mindedly accepted to bring this total stranger in his car.

"Where do you even live?" The brunette asked the lady in the back seat of his car.

"Oh, I just live at --------" the girl replied.

Gussion started driving to the address the girl gave him. They ended up pulling over to this apartment building.

"I suppose this is where I drop you off. You can go no-"

"Help me to my room."
The girl requested, and Gussion being the gentleman he is blindly accepted, not knowing what he was about to get himself into.

They arrive after 30+ floors worth of elevator music. At this room, they enter.

"This is where I live. Sorry I haven't cleaned up, I was too busy." The black haired girl said.

"Oh, before you leave please have a sit down at the kitchen. I atleast need to thank you in a way for helping me get home."
Gussion accepted and sat down at a table just to the right of the kitchen.

"Here, I bet you're tired. Please drink this." The girl handed the brunette a glass of blue juice. Seemed like an energy drink of some sorts.

The male downed it one gulp, before feeling dizzy from the drink. He was drunk, the drink probably contained some percentage of alcohol.

His vision was blurry, but he felt something against his lips. It was the girl kissing him.

He hadn't felt something like this for so long, and he craved more. He deepened the kiss and carried the girl to the couch for a night he won't remember.

• • •

The immense pleasure Gussion felt last night was worth a while. It was his first but judging by the girl's loud moans, he did good. It sank to him right then and there that he had sex with a complete random girl he met the night before.

He was too tired and cold to care, his clothless body under a thin blanket as the chilly air from the ac gets in contact with his skin.

The brunette's head was aching badly, his body was also in light pain.

Gussion's phone then suddenly rang from his pocket, but he was too tired to care and slept it off.

A/N: Very uninteresting chapter but this will all make sense in the next chapter.