Chapter 4: A Song of Outcry

"What lovebirds!?"
Me and Gussion say in unison. Selena and Claude both just laugh from both our flustered faces

"Hehe. It's just that you both have good chemistry with each other."

I can't say that I like him, but he has met my interests.

I didn't want to silence them. I wouldn't want these people to know my nasty side. I just let Gussion do all the talking as I nod.

Gussion POV

It seems like Lesley was too shy to talk to Claude and Selena. Well, after they called us both lovers. Not sure about Lesley, but I found that funny. Seems like she got flusttered about it.

Time Skip: Dismissal

"Well I hope you enjoyed , class. That is all for today."

"Goodbye, and thank you. Ms. Pharsa."

Class has finally ended and me and Lesley both decided to go head to the bus stop together. I was always alone whenever going home but luckily Lesley was nice enough to come with me since we both waited at the same stop.

I make my way over to the gate to wait for Lesley. The sky was painted yellow with hints of orange and I find my inner peace.

That reminds me, Lesley still has my earphones.

Time Skip

I hear running footsteps coming in my direcrion as I look over to see who it is.
It was Lesley. She was trying to rush over to the gate.

She arrives, heavily panting.

"Sorry I'm late!"

"Nah, it's ok. Let's go now."

We both start walking to the bus stop, admiring each other's company. Small talk on the way and a few laughs were exchanged.

After a short while of waiting at the bus stop, the bus Lesley was waiting for arrives.

"Well, I suppose that's it for today, Gussion bye." Lesley says as she smiles and step inside the bus.
But that smile quickly faded into a look of worry on her face.

But, why?

Lesley POV

I say my goodbyes to Gussion and step inside the bus. I slowly loosen my smile, remembering the pain I'm about to experience once again.

I don't want to go home.
I don't want to be abused.
I want to stay at school.
I want to stay with him.

Time Skip

I arrive at the stop and walk towards the rusted walls of my home.
I hate this place. But I have no other choice.
I slowly turn the doorknob and enter. I immediately see my parents waiting on the dining table with the leather belt as well as a long cloth stained with blood which I assume is mine.

I close my eyes and face the darkness.

-

I soon wake up from my dark slumber and feel a sharp pain in my head. My hair was messed up into tangles and fresh bruises were all over my body. I could feel the sides of my mouth rashing from the amount of times I had to bite the cloth to endure the pain.

I tried to get up and lock the door. My feet were weak and my body was shaking.
I pressed the tiny button on the knob and hear a click.

I make my way to my table to start writing a song for the audition.

I bite the end of my pencil as I think of a theme.

'Ah, I know. I'll make the song after my depression.' I think to myself.

This song wasn't just music, it's my outcry for help. I hope that if the judges get the message, they'd know what I'm suffering through.

"There's a voice inside my head,
Telling me it's time to stop.

The cuts on my wrist are hidden behind a watch.
With each cut, the clock gets smaller.
Time gets shorter
There will come a day that the clock turns to thin air.

I keep writing down my pain with a pen,
But that mean's that you can't erase them.

I wonder how many more storms I have to endure
Until this cyclone ends

These storms are my tears,
The oceans are my stories.
Each time I try to prevent them from evaporating,
I end up adding even more to the water.

No matter how deep I dive into my ocean of stories,
The demons will always wait for me under the water
My angels, my desires
Take me by the hand and lead me to my eternal happiness

Lead me to the clouds,
Where I shall rest."

I write the last line and take a look at the lyrics I've written. If these aren't enough, then I don't what ever is.
I take my guitar and start arranging the song and making keys.

Midnight

The sing turned out beautifully. It's got a hauntingly sweet melody yet a sorrowful message.

I finish everything off and pull out one pill from the cap.
I swallow the pill and feel my body slowly getting weaker.

Before I knew it, everything was darkness.

Thank you all to everyone who has been supporting the book. I'm sorry if it doesn't meet your expectations but thank you all anyways.
I knw that this chapter's short, but that's because I'm experiencing writer's block along with school works in the way. But, I hope you enjoyed this chapter anyway.

The song Lesley wrote was wrote by me during a school project about depression and suicide. I decided to use it for this book.