Chapter 2: Bandages

"STOP!"

I hear a loud scream through the bathroom
Why does fate keep rejecting my desires!?
No matter how many times I try to fulfill my desire of ending my suffering,
Why does something, each fucking time ruin my true desire?!

"Wh.. who are you?"

"What are you doing? Why are you doing this to yourself?!"
The red haired girl yelled at me as if she were my mother. I just sit there with my bleeding wrist, looking like I've gone insane.

I couldn't give the answer. My mind was so deep in darkness and despair that my mouth barely could speak at this point.
The red haired lady took me by my non-slit wrist and pulled me up.

"Why are you doing this to yourself!? Are you just that pathetic you had to end your own life!?" The girl's voice got more shaky as she got more heated.

"Because.. it's.. my de..sire." I find trouble speaking, like the weight of my own problems were stapled to my mouth..

I saw her raise her hand in the air, she's going for a slap.
I close my eyes and try to endure the pain.
I won't try to fight back.

SLAP!

The smack made such a loud sound it echoed through the entire room. I try to hold back my tears but they manage to escape.
I feel her grab my collar and harshly push me to the ground, hitting my head on one of the hard floor.

Why was she beating me up?
I ask myself yet I know I deserve it.
I just let it all happen.
It's considered my punishment.

Punch after punch,
Kick after kick,
Push after push
Every hint of pain.

I know I look like a mess at this point. But she did something I got confused about.

She got down and hugged me.

"Just because you have problems doesn't mean you should end your life about it...
There's always people to support you... and I don't get why you have to keep beating yourself up about it.."

I was confused, yet touched at the same time. I felt like crying, even though I already was.
Even after she tormented me, why is she suddenly reaching out to me?
She doesn't even know the truth behind these cuts.

Time Skip

I was in the nurse's office getting treated. The red haired girl got sent to the office. She turned herself in. Though, I don't think she deserves to be under fire for what she has done.
After all, she was right.

"Sweetie.. whenever you feel down you should always open up to someone about it.. these cuts might heal but the traces are always there." The nurse said to me as she damped another soaked cotton onto my bruises.

I try to clench my teeth together to withstand the sharp pain, but I also felt great satisfaction deep inside me.

"Don't worry. The pain should stop soon."

After treating me, the nurse gave me a packet of bandages and a small bottle of what I'm assuming is betadine.

"Replace your bandages with fresh ones and always clean them before treating them with the betadine. You wouldn't want to risk an infection.."

She tells me as I look down on the thick bandages all over my body.
That girl really gave me a beating.
But, I could tell the pain in her words. She wasn't beating me up for no reason, she was trying to punish me, or teach me a lesson.
Either one, I don't get her logic. If a person's already in pain, then why would you give them more things to suffer from?

I just shrugged it off and thanked the nurse.
I exited the clinic and saw Gussion wairing outside the clinic.

"There you are.. What... what happened to you?"

I was afraid to tell him the truth. I had to resort to lying.

"I.. I fell down the stairs.."
I tell him but he immediately caught on my lying.
He just let out a sigh and placed his hand on my shoulder.

"Let's just go now..."

I like how caring he is. It's rare for me to feel comfortable with anyone. But I guess this guy has his charms.

As we both walk through the halls, I get weird looks from people.

"Omg.. why is an ugly slut like her with Gussion?"

"With all those bandages she looks like a mummy."

"What a loser. I heard Irithel beat her up earlier."

I try to block their words, but it's no use.
Why do I ever try to blind myself when the truth's so clear?
Everyone hates me..

Again..

I'm used to things like this. But why does it feel more painful coming from unfamiliar people?

I try to escape the darkness that has blinded me to see Gussion and I walking through the hallways.
I'm surprised he hasn't seen the bandages on my wrist yet.

Time Skip

We were both in a table at the cafeteria. Gussion was nice enough to buy me lunch.
He arrives to the table and places down the food he brought.

"Thank you, Gussion. It's nice to know you atleast care about me.."

Gussion POV
Lesley thanks me for the food I bought her. Honestly, it's nothing. I come from a wealthy family. I'm sure treating someone wouldn't hurt.

"It's no problem. Just try not to harm yourself again, ok?"

Lesley just nods as a response and starts to eat her food. I probably should too.

As I was eating, I notice a rather thick clump of bandages held on Lesley's wrist.
I was mentally surprised. I grabbed her hand and pulled it closer.

"Ow! Gussion, don't be so rough.."

"Oh.. sorry."

I pulled up her sleeve to reveal a heavily blood stained bandage.. what has this girl been doing to herself..

I place my fingers on the tape holding the bandage down and look at Lesley to see if she would give me permission to open the bandage.

She just looks at me with a tired face and nods.

I carefully pull up the bandage to reveal a cut deep enough her veins were showing.

"Oh my god... Lesley.. what have you been doing to yourself.."
I try to ask her but I only got tears and sobbing as an answer.

I wanted to help her but she always kept her doors closed. Why was this girl so secretive about her problems? I never understand why she wouldn't tell other people about her problems.

I just look at her with a worried expression as I let out a sigh and close the bandage.

"Lesley.. you should ope-"

"Open up about my problems.. yes, I know. I've been told a million times now."

"But why don't you ever take the advice?"

"I don't want other people to worry about my problems.. I'm afraid that if I tell them what I'm going through, my words will become stuck with them and annoy them through their life. I don't want to involve anyone on the mess I've made."

I was surprised at her response. I never knew she was this secretive.

To imagine that a person would even think of such a thing... it's just sad to see what they're going through. Because they might claim to tell you everything yet you know they still have more words to confess.

"You need to open up more, Lesley. Get to know more people and find your friends.. but most importantly,

Find yourself."