Chapter 5: Sunset on the Rooftop

I wake up from my deep slumber with a heavy weight on my head. I look over to my bedsheets and see the papers I scrambled last night. Seems like I really went deep into writing.

I get up to go ahead and fix up the half crumpled papers. As I was picking them up each one by one, I was also reading them. Seeing the hurtful words of sorrow I have created. Yet they symbolize the pain I'm going through.
I press that papers against my chest making a crumple sound as I let out a deep sigh.

There was really no use being dramatic like this. I decided it would be time to get my day started.

All of a sudden I feel uplifted. I'm not in my usual dark state, which is very rare. I don't know what it is about me today.

Time Skip: School

I decided to leave the blade behind. Maybe Gussion was right. Maybe it would be best if I try to leave it behind. Just for one day.

I enter the school gates and head towards the locker areas. It seems like I arrived early today.
Since there's not much people today, I decide it would be best if I practice the sing.

I pull out my guitar and place my finger delicately on the strings and rest the body on my legs.

I proceed to sing the song as the vibrations of each strum travel through the surface the guitar. I missed the feeling of music flowing into your ears.
There was just something different with hearing it from earphones and from acoustics.

Gussion POV

As I was talking to my aquaintances in the hallway, I hear the strums of a guitar feintly in the distance. Even though it was quiet, it was still beautiful. You were able to even hear it with your body. I had to know who was playing the guitar, so I bid farewell to my friends and looked for the source of the music.

Not long after, I see Lesley sitting on a bench in the hallways, strumming the strings of a warm chestnut colored guitar.

(Ooh poetic)

3rd Person POV

Gussion was well aware that Lesley knew about his presence. She looked over to meet eyes with him.

"It's amazing, Lesley. I never knew you made songs?" The brunette says as he takes a seat beside the wandered girl.

"Thank you, Gussion. I made it for the audition later."

"Well, I'm sure you'll pass it with an amazing song like that."

Lesley just gives Gussion a warm and realistic smile. For the first time in her life, she was able to smile naturally . Gussion really had some sort of magic, didn't he?

Time Skip: Audition

Lesley POV

I wait patiently with my guitar and paper sheets in my hand. I feel heavily intimidated especially from the amount of great singers here, I feel like I'm outshone.

"Next is.. Lesley Vance?"

I hear my name be called and I felt a wave of fear speed through my entire body. I've never felt this nervous before.
I stood up and headed to the front. I was confident when I was still sititng down byt now seeing all these faces in front of me intimidates me.

I just take a deep breath and grip onto the papers I was holding.
I cleared my troath and proceeded to sing my melody.

"There's a voice inside my head,
Telling me it's time to stop." I started to sing as my voice got more shakey. I looked over to Gussion who was watching from the crowd and he just gave me an assuring smile. It gave me confidence to continue and so I did.

"The cuts on my wrist are hidden behind a watch.
With each cut, the clock gets smaller.
Time gets shorter
There will come a day that the clock turns to thin air.

I keep writing down my pain with a pen,
But that mean's that you can't erase them.

I wonder how many more storms I have to endure
Until this cyclone ends

These storms are my tears,
The oceans are my stories.
Each time I try to prevent them from evaporating,
I end up adding even more to the water.

No matter how deep I dive into my ocean of stories,
The demons will always wait for me under the water
My angels, my desires
Take me by the hand and lead me to my eternal happiness

Lead me to the clouds,
Where I shall rest."

I slowly put down the sheets with tears in my eyes as I look over to the audience and see them in tears. I didn't expect so much emotions in one room.

Did they think it was bad?
Was it good?
Do they even get the message?
I don't know..

I felt embarassed and ran out the room with the papers in hand.

Gussion POV
Everyone let out a huge gasp as Lesley stormed out the room with tears in her eyes. I just sat there shocked from the meaning of her song, and why she ran out? Was she embarassed?

She was probably emotional over it so I got up from my seat and tried to run after her.

I sprint through through the hallways looking for her long velvet colored braids, but they were nowhere to be found.

There was still on last place I haven't checked.

The rooftop.

I went over to the school's rooftop amd spot Lesley looking over the horizon.

3rd Person POV
Lesley's hair wasn't in the usual braid, yet it was loose. Her locks were dancing in the wind as she stared off into the warm sky.

She visibly wiped her tears as she looked behind her to see Gussion, standing there.

"Oh.. Gussion.. I.. I didn't expect tp see you here." She said as she tried to fix herself. Hiding her tears and covering her light face.

"I went looking for you.. why did you storm off?"

"Well... after I sung you all looked shocked and I suddenly felt embarassed. I felt like I didn't do good enough and I wasn't that good. It's just I know that I'm not ableto sing good, but I tried yet I still failed. I don-

She was suddenly cut off to the feeling of a warm embrace. She looked up to see Gussion, tightly hugging her.

"You don't need to keep putting yourself down, Lesley. You did good and that's all that matters, and you shouldn't contantly set your standards so high. Just be yourself."
Gussion said as he pulled Lesley closer, pushing her head against his chest.

Lesley just wrapped her arms around Gussion's neck as they both fell down om their knees.

The sound of the pink haired maiden's cries could be fairly heared. Like a siren down under the sea. She gave up, lost hope. But that wasn't the end for her. Or for them.

I know Gussion feels like a supporting role here since he doesn't get much exposure but I'll fix that next chapter.