Chapter 11: Final Meeting

A few days have gone by and my mother's coffin has now been buried. It's been a tough week for me, especially since I'll be moving across the country to live with my aunt. I've said goodbye to all the friends I've known except one...

Gussion.

I decided to let him know by meeting at the airport. It'll be tough for me to tell him, but it's the only way I know how.

I've finished packing and my room feels so empty. All my belongings such as my posters and pictures have been stored in the attic, and there's nothing left in my room other than the standard furniture which can't fit in the attic or are too heavy to be lifted without help. I bid farewell to my room as I close my door and set the keys on the dinner table. I walk out the house with my luggage, ready for a new life away from this hell of a house.

My father's nowhere to be seen. He didn't even have the heart to bid me goodbye. And I noticed he was completely blank during my mother's funeral. It seemed as if he doesn't care at all.

The taxi I called arrives and the driver helps put my stuff in the trunk. I enter and the car sets off for the airport.

———————

After a long, tiring ride, we arrive at the airport. I take my luggage and enter as I immediately see Gussion's tall figure, waiting for me.

"Les, there you are. What's with the-" he pauses for a second.

"I'm moving, Gussion. My aunt has decided to let me live with them and I had no choice." I tried to explain as I see him holding back his tears.
I try to hold back mine but they let loose, and I felt Gussion hug me tightly.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?" He asks, sobs in his voice.

"I'm sorry." I tried to reply, hugging back.

We both pull away from each other as he looks me in the eyes and cups my face.

"Hey, don't forget me, okay? Promise me you'll always call, and visit.."
I gave him a nod as a response, and give him a kiss on his cheek as I turn back for the last time.

Gussion POV

I see Lesley turn for the last time. This may be the last I'll ever see her personally, but I just hope not.

If it's the best for her, then I'm willing to accept it. I'm willing to let her be a thousand miles away from me if it means that she'll be better and happy. It's all I wanted for her in the first place, even if it means not being able to hold her in my arms ever again.

Few days have passed and Lesley gave me a call. I excitedly answer.
During the call, she tells me about her condition and that she's doing great and I happily reply.

Though, there are these few words that stung me.

"And I've really been close to this guy next door, he's been sweet and showed me around ever since I came here."

I know I technically shouldn't have the right to feel jealous since we were never together in the first place, but why does it still hurt?

I guess this is where it begins, huh?