Chapter 15 : One Could Only Hope

The bare branches spiked into the sky - no sign of life to be found anywhere

 The bare branches spiked into the sky - no sign of life to be found anywhere. It was so dark you barely saw the man next to you, There were only small sounds of rustling bushes and the howl of the wind. You didn't know what lay in the dark forest, all you knew was that it wasn't going to be a peaceful journey.  

" AAhhh" You whined and immediately put your hand on Jungkook's shoulder to stop him.

He looked up at you with softened eyes " It hurts? " 

You nodded " Mind being a little gentle? " 

" I don't do gentle " he looked up at you smirking " Not in anything" 

What ? what did he jus--------- " Wow......" You looked away feeling your cheeks burning up " Your mind is really........... woww " you shook your head " when I cleared your injury I didn't hurt you at all " 

" Really? I don't remember " he rolled his eyes and continued what he was doing, he slowly placed the bandage over your injury and pull down your shirt " Guess you'll be fine now " 

You watched as he walked to stay next to you, he leaned against the tree and closed his eyes with a sigh "T-Thank you " you mumbled

" Why did you cry ? " he asked softly not opening his eyes.

" I ... I was in pain " you answered

" You're lying " 

you raised your eyebrow while looking at the side to him " Don't talk when YOUR mouth is full of lies." 

Jungkook opened his eyes and gave you a look " What exactly did I lie about ?, The last time I checked I have told you everything including the fact that I killed people " 

" You did? Did you tell me everything? " You stared at him, and your eyes were giving a glare that was freezing Jungkook's bones, like being nude in the middle of a city, where every chunk of ice was a frosted dagger cutting into his skin. not because he was scared or something, it's just because he focused on your eyes that were black, not soulless nor lifeless. Instead, they were like two pristine stones of onyx, that lit up with a purple flare when touched by candlelight which caused him o feel nervous all of a sudden as if he made a mistake. 

Jungkook looked away to the dark woods " Stare or not, You aren't getting anything "

" See... I knew you were hiding things from me " you rolled your eyes then slowly tried to stand up but the pain in your lower abdomen had another idea " Ahhh ..." you whined and touched the injury with a sigh.

Jungkook looked up with soft eyes before standing up to give you a hand " Where exactly are you going ? " he gently held your arm and took your weight on him for support 

" Your friend said the place is right across the bridge, and we are here " You looked up at him but that only caused your breathing to stop when you noticed the closeness between the two of you, he looks at me, and you look at him, silence takes over as his eyes glistening in the darkness. When you noticed his eyes traveled from yours to look down your lips, you felt your heart flutters as he leaned even closer.