Ok...

Tray's POV
"Nigga, get the hell out of this house!" I yelled from the top of the stairs. Chris goes to give Airi a hug and he apologizes still watching my eyes on him. He closes the door behind himself. Airi's still standing there frozen in the same position and suddenly falls to her knees.

"Airi...baby." I say rushing to her. I hold her as she sobs with her head in her hands.

Airi's POV
"Tray, can you just...go?" I say avoiding eye contact.

"Uh sure" Tray says getting up. "Can you call me later then?" He asks. I nod as I close the door letting him out. I slide down to the floor and pull at my hair and close my eyes. The door then jingles.

"TRAY NOT RIGHT NOW" I yell from the other side of the door.

"Airionna Anne Lynch, if you don't get off this door" My mothers voice booms through the crack in the door. I quickly get up and let her push the door open. I fall into her arms crying.

"I missed you too, baby" My mother says rubbing my back. "But WHO the hell is Tray?!"

After she settles back into her room I tell the whole story of meeting Tray and how Chris started to hit on me and the club incident.

"Oh Airi!" My mom pulls my head onto her chest and holds me. People have been holding me and comforting me all week but when my mother held me I felt like I two again looking at her with such worry in my eyes back when my father had gotten a new family and left us for broke.

That night my mom made some pork chops with corn and mashed potatoes (real nice southern meal😋) I went to bed thinking of how I was supposed to explain to Tray and how this whole weekend would go over at school. As soon as I stopped thinking I drifted right off to sleep.

The next morning I woke up with at least 5 missed calls from Tray. My mom walks in ready to wake me up but smiles at the fact that I didn't need her.

I get ready and give my mom a kiss before getting in my car on my way to school.

Tray is literally waiting at the parking spot I usually use.

"Tray..." I say but I quickly get cut off.

"Airi I called you 10 times yesterday!" He says walking behind me struggling to talk and walk at the same time.

"I was talking to my mom, Tray." I say calmly stopping by my locker. I was about to walk away but Tray jumps in front of me and grabs my shoulders.

"Airi, I love you and I want you to be able to confide in me and tell me all your problems. Why didn't you tell me..." he looks around. "What happened to you?" He says looking into my soul.

"Cause of this Tray! When I tell you I got bumped into in this small ass hall you freak out and wanna fight. And if I hadn't walked into that house you would've shot that man based off of what YOU THOUGHT happened." I say gradually raising my voice and eventually the hall gets quiet. "Tray I'm not a baby. I don't want our relationship to change and we'll go right back to square one." I say. " You know what...I'll talk to you after school." I walk past Tray and get to my first period class.

————————————————————————
I kinda feel like this chapter didn't live up to the expectations but what you gonna do?🤷🏾‍♀️ Anyways thank y'all for TWO K READS I'm so happy.

Anywho what do y'all think is going to happen in the next chapter.

And also shoutout to ForeverTeal and HonimamaJones for always reading and commenting sometimes y'all make my day.

BYEEEE😘😘😘😘😘