1. Serena's New Start

Serena's POV

"Oh my gosh I can't be late!" I panicked, darting through the hallway, trying to avoid people passing by, looking at me with expressions of annoyance or confusing.

"Pardon me." "Excuse me." "Sorry." I found I was repeating myself as people weren't stepping aside, and with my luck I was running late for the cheerleading tryouts.

That's right; Cheerleading tryouts. I'm going to try and become a cheerleader! Right now I wore a long sleeved shirt, which was white, with yellow sleeves. I also wore black shorts and white shoes. In my hands I held yellow and white pom poms.

This was my first step to a new life, I needed new friends, and a new hobby... something that would distract me from my not so great home life.

I shook my head, hoping to focus on what I was about to do. I was about to tryout for a competitive hobby, that I was too scared to try last year.

I kept shoving through people, worried I'd miss the tryouts, focused on getting there, when I bumped straight into somebody with force.

"Oww.." I groaned looking up to scold the person, before my gaze stopped. "Serena?" The person spoke to me, as they'd stop to look at me. My glare deepened, as I looked at the tall boy who stood before me. He had dark brown eyes and ruffled Auburn hair, he wore a purple tshirt with a leather jacket over the top and dark blue jeans, with black shoes. In his hand was a cigarette. The expression he wore on his face, presented shock.

An orange haired girl stepped beside him, putting her arms around his. The girl had blue eyes and her orange hair was up in a wonky ponytail. She wore a light blue crop shirt with the same leather jacket over the top and dark blue jeans, with a hole in the left knee, and white shoes. "She's not one of us anymore." The girl said quietly, as the boy nodded, putting the cigarette to his mouth as the pair turned to leave.

I kept my glare as I turned to keep walking, picking up my pace as I was still in a rush. Those two people I passed, their names are Gary and Misty. They're together. I don't hate them, but I despise what they do. Gary and I had been friends for as long as I remember, making friends like Misty and others, along the way. We had quite a lovely friend group, until one day Misty changed it.

About a year ago, Misty's attitude had changed. The girl had began partying, resulting in bad drinking habits, and she'd began smoking, for all I know, she could be doing drugs too. For months she had this plan that we could all become some sort of rebel group, which I wasn't the biggest fan of. Slowly slowly, she managed to convince everyone with this group idea and everyone went with her idea of matching leather jackets and so forth and calling themselves the "Shalour Serpents".. which seemed harmless.

That was until she took all of the group along to parties. The first party she took me too, she kept trying to pressure me to drink.. I ended up stupidly taking up every offer of alcohol she gave me and let's just say.. I ended up being rushed to hospital. Excessive drinking behaviours began amongst the entire group and Misty began to notice I took no part in it, after the incident where I ended up with alcohol poisoning, as I no longer trusted her.

Next came the smoking, which she is still trying to convince everybody in the group to do. She seems to think it makes them look cooler, but if you ask me, they're definitely all gonna die quicker...

Misty managed to convince Gary and others to smoke, infact I'm pretty sure all of them except for a boy named Ash, smoke. It's disgusting and I hope he doesn't ever take up the filthy habit.