4. Full Of Surprises

Dawn's POV

I walked over to my locker dreadfully, hoping there weren't anymore love letters shoved into it. Now that I know the culprit, I can't imagine I'll be getting anymore.

I opened the locker door, letting out a sigh of relief. The letter some of the cheer squad managed to see, was innocent compared to the other letters I'd received.. the culprit had written such intimate things in these letters.. things they wanted to do with me despite being too scared to admit to who they were.

I was disappointed it was Ash, he seemed like a good friend.. but those letters were so creepy..

I closed the door, once placing my bag in it and went to leave out the exit leading to the front of the school.

As I opened the door, I saw Ash who was about to walk past me. Not acknowledging him, I continued to walk through the door.

"Dawn, can I please talk to you for a second?" Ash asked, with a sigh, causing me to turn around. He held the door open, and I stepped back inside.

"Sure." I replied, as he looked down to notice I was wearing the bracelet he'd returned to me, before looking back up at me. "I did not send you any letters." The boy admitted, bluntly. "I have no idea what letters you're even talking about." He added.

I bit my lip, "Come with me then." I demanded, as I lead Ash to my locker. Once we got to my locker, I eyed Ash before putting in the combination lock. I opened the locker and reached my hand out to the pile of letters that lie at the bottom of my locker, before taking the top letter. I handed it to Ash, he took it, and began to read it in his head.

Ash's eyes widened at what he was reading, before he frowned, "Nope this definitely was not me.. god this is so gross." He admitted. "Besides, my writing is nowhere near as neat as this." Ash chuckled. I raised an eyebrow, not overly convinced. This caused Ash to sigh as he slipped his backpack off his back, "I'll prove it." He decided, pulling a lined notebook from his bag.

He flipped the page open randomly, as last weeks homework for our English class faced me. I looked at it, biting my lip as I compared the writing in the letter to the writing in the notebook. I then let out a sigh, "I'm really sorry."

"It's okay.. I forgive you.. It seems like you'd been receiving them for a while.." Ash admitted. "I have been." I admitted, scratching the back of my head as we dropped the conversation.

"Hey I'm.. sorry about what happened with you and Ursula.. you guys seemed really happy together." I said. Ash sighed, "We were.. I don't know why'd she'd believe such rumours." He admitted, visibly annoyed. "Did you really get kicked out of the Serpents over those rumours?" I asked, curiously as Ash just nodded, hesitantly.

"It almost feels like someone in the gang made the rumours up to get rid of me." The raven haired boy sighed. I bit my lip before speaking, "Could it have been Misty?"

Ash went to speak but our conversation stopped as Calem appeared suddenly, greeting us. My attention was now brought to Calem, as he wasn't wearing his Serpent jacket. "Calem, where's your jacket?" I blurted, into question. The boy turned to me, "I left the Serpents, I'm dating somebody that Misty disapproves of.. So I've left the gang to be with them." Calem answered.

My curious expression turned into a happy one, as a smile formed on my face. "That's so cute! Who's the lucky girl?" I asked, and for some reason, Ash chuckled at my question. Before Calem could answer, the double glass doors to the hallway opened and some members of the football team entered the building, taking his attention.