17. Bitch You Better Be Joking

Gary blinked in surprise, before he looked away from Serena as he spoke to Dawn. He felt himself tear up, and he didn't want to cry in front of his best friend.

"Thank you for telling me.." Gary replied, sounding hurt. "I'm sorry it had to come from me instead of Misty herself.. I didn't want to be the one to break it to you." Dawn sighed. "It's alright.. I appreciate that you told me. Look i'm gonna go.." Gary said, before he hung up the phone.

-

Dawn sighed, taking her phone away from her ear. "I feel terrible for him.." She admitted. "You did the right thing by telling him, hunny." May said, leaning her head on Dawn's shoulder, as she still sat on the hood of her car. Dawn put on a smile, but still.. she felt awful for the brunette.

"Hey Deedee," Hilda began, changing the topic for a moment, though she earned an instant glare from Dawn. "When are we gonna start planning for the school carnival? Aren't the vixens going to have a part in it?" The girl asked. "First of all, Iris! Why did you tell Hilda about my horrible childhood nickname!?" Dawn asked, embarrassed. May burst out laughing at this. Iris just giggled mischievously, "Aw Dawny don't be mad, I kinda tell my girlfriend everything." Iris said innocently, as she squeezed Hilda's hand playfully.

"And to answer your question, Hilda." Dawn turned back to the brunette. "We'll start planning next cheer practice." She decided.

The annual school carnival was two weeks away, on the Friday. There would be lots of carnival rides and games, as well as snacks.. but there'd also be competitions for singing and performing. There was a stage in the middle of the carnival where Dawn and the cheerleading team would do a performance as apart of the competition.

-

Gary took the phone away from his ear. "Gare? Is everything okay?" Serena asked, as Gary looked glassy eyed. "I uh.. just need a minute.. i'll be back.." Gary said, though he didn't make eye contact with Serena as he spoke. The brunette then walked back inside his house, Serena watching him walk away with concern.

Gary brought up Ursula's contact, and rang her. He put the phone against his ear, and stood in his vacant kitchen. "Hello?" Ursula answered. "Hey uh.. I just talked to Dawn." Gary began. "What did she tell you?" Ursula asked.

"Dawn told me that you both caught Misty and Paul making out.. please.. please tell me that Dawn was lying.." Gary pleaded, still glassy eyed. He wanted it to be a lie, he didn't want to believe that Misty would do such a thing to him. "I'm sorry Gary.. I can't tell you that.." Ursula replied.

"I know you're probably hoping it was all a lie but it's not.. Misty was basically on top of Paul and they were.. very intimate.. it was disgusting." Ursula said, sounding like she was breathing out smoke as she spoke. "Oh god.. I can't believe she'd do such a thing to me.." Gary sighed, as a tear rolled down his cheek.

"I'm sorry man.. I know you really love her. If I were you, I'd break up with her." Ursula said. "Yeah.. I guess I have a lot to think about.. I'll see you on Monday.." Gary said, before he hung up.

Once he was alone, he finally let it out and cried. Gary had so much love for Misty and could never see himself with anybody else, it broke his heart to think she didn't feel the same.

"..Gary?" A soft voice spoke up, as the boy turned around, to see Serena. "S..Sere sorry I-" Gary could barely get the words out of his mouth. Serena blinked in surprise to see Gary crying, "It's okay.. don't be sorry.. what happened?" She asked, as she stepped closer to her best friend.