6. Behind Closed Doors

The next morning

Serena's POV

My eyes fluttered open, and for a moment, I was so confused on where I was. I rolled on my side and noticed Dawn sleeping peacefully on the mattress beside me.

I smiled, realising I was at Hilda's house. I got up and exited the bedroom, heading into the lounge room, where I found Rosa and Bianca watching Tv.

"Morning." I greeted. "Morning!" The girls both chimed. I sat down with them and watched Tv, waiting for the rest of my friends to wake up.

-

Normal POV

"Thanks for driving me home." Serena laughed, as she was again sitting in the passenger seat of Dawn's car. "No worries!" Dawn chimed.

"Can I ask you something?" Serena asked, teasingly. "Hm? Go for it." Dawn shrugged, keeping her eyes on the road as they spoke.

"Did anything happen with you and Ash in the closet?" The blonde asked, with a grin. Dawn blushed, before shaking her head. "No, no! Not at all." She quickly replied. "We just talked and asked each other a bunch of questions." Dawn admitted.

The car stopped as they reached Serena's house. "Thank you again lovely." Serena chimed, reaching over to hug Dawn. Dawn hugged back, before letting go. "Anytime Sere, I hope you enjoyed the party." Dawn chimed. "Oh I absolutely did." Serena laughed as she exited the vehicle.

She waved as Dawn drove away, before walking up to her front door. Serena took her house key from her pocket and went to insert it into the door, but to her surprise it came open before she did so.

In the doorway stood her mother, who'd opened the door. "Where have you been!?" She snapped, stepping aside so Serena could enter the house. "I stayed at a friends house last night." Serena sweatdropped, not mentioning the party knowing her mother was strict with them.

Serena walked through to the lounge room, noticing piles of empty beer bottles and wine bottles around the room. She sighed, turning to head to her room, but instead was met with the face of her Mum.

"You weren't staying with some cheerleader slut, were you!? I told you not to join that team!" She snapped. "No, I took back the uniform, like you ordered me to.." Serena lied, hoping she would drop this conversation so she could head up to her room.

"I know you're fucking lying.. I saw the uniform laid out on your bed!!" Her mother growled, angrily. "I told you to stay out of my room!" Serena retaliated. She hated how controlling her mother was becoming, the teen was completely fed up with this.

"Don't raise your fucking voice at me!" The woman yelled, louder. "I'm sick of you trying to control me! You're not in charge of what my hobbies are or who I'm friends.. or where I am!" Serena growled, pacing around. "The cheerleaders are my only friends, and i'm not quitting the team!" She finally concluded, turning to face her mother, but the response she received was far from delightful.

Serena's mother held a smashed glass bottle in her hand, and she'd raised it to strike Serena's face, as the girl had turn to face her. "Shut the fuck up, I am your mother- you will not speak to me like this!" The woman yelled, as Serena stood in shock by the new wound on her face. She raised her own hand to her face to feel blood.