5. I Miss The Old You

The night of the party had finally arrived, and Serena was really excited for it. She stood in front of the mirror, looking at her outfit she'd chosen to wear for the night; a blue knit sweater and dark blue jeans, with black boots.

The girl then heard a beep of a horn, getting her attention. The blonde haired girl raced over to her front door, opening it to see Dawn, who'd stopped at the front of Serena's house in her car. "Get in loser, we're going partying." Dawn teased, clearly referencing Mean Girls. "Thank you for coming to get me." Serena laughed, closing the front door behind her. "Anytime lovely~" Dawn chimed.

Serena hoped into the passenger seat, before they drove off to Hilda's house. She noticed Dawn was wearing a purple knit sweater, puffy black vest and blue ripped jeans with heeled boots.

"Y'know," Dawn spoke up. "Hilda invited the serpents to her party and they were really rude about it.. particularly Misty." Serena looked to Dawn, as she was driving, "That doesn't surprise me.. Misty being friends with anyone outside the serpents, does not exist." She scoffed.

Dawn drove into Hilda's driveway, smiling at the sight of the party. People were in groups around the front, particularly around the small bonfire pit. Dawn parked the car and pair got out, before they walked over to the bonfire pit to join their friends.

"Dawn! Serena!" Iris' booming voice was heard from the bonfire pit, as she was sitting beside Hilda. "I'm glad you guys made it!" Hilda boomed also, straightening her sitting position as she'd just been leaning on Iris' shoulder. "I would never have missed it~" Dawn winked, as she and Serena sat by the bonfire as well.

Time passed and more people showed up. Calem and Brendan showed up together, carpooling with May, Drew and Brock. It had seemed to turn into a running joke that Brock was constantly fourth wheeling with them.

Next to show up was Cilan, who had a girl with him. He introduced everyone to his girlfriend, Burgundy. The purple haired girl was seen clinging to his arm, seemingly worried that somebody was going to steal her boyfriend from her.

More time passed and Ash and Barry had shown up, Dawn was pleased to see Ash, much to Barry's upset. Eventually all of the vixens and bulldogs had arrived, and many others from their school, but not a single member of the serpents.

That all changed, as an unfamiliar car drove up the drive way, sparking the attention of the cheerleaders and footballers. The car parked beside Dawn's, and when the driver door flew open, out stepped a brunette boy with spiky hair, and a leather jacket.

"Is that-" Shauna blurted, as Serena rolled her eyes, "Gary.." She completed the brunette's sentence. "I thought the serpents weren't coming." Hau spoke up, though Dawn was about to ask the same question. "They showed no interest in coming." Iris admitted. Hilda noticed everyone had become annoyed by Gary's appearance, "Maybe he's here to apologise." She suggested, staying positive. The boy made his way over to the bonfire, where he greeted everybody but didn't receive many friendly replies or smiles, considering how his group acted towards Hilda and Iris' invite.

Dawn stood up, walking over to Gary as everyone went back to talking, "Oak, if you've come here to harass my friends like your girlfriend did, we would all prefer for you to leave right now." She spoke sternly, which was unusual for her, she was disgusted by the way the serpents reacted to Hilda's invite. Gary put his arms up in defeat, "I mean no harm, I swear. Hilda made a point that the vixens and serpents don't need to be enemies.. and I believe that too." He admitted sincerely. Dawn nodded before taking a step forward to speak quieter.