22. It's Nice To Have A Friend

Paul sat at his lunchtable, with some members of the serpents. He'd grown sick of being around Ursula everyday, and so had some of the other serpents.. so they decided to take a break today and hang elsewhere. They'd much preferred the days when Misty was in charge, though they were the minority that thought so.

Paul's phone buzzed, and he peered down at it to see a message from an unknown number. "Hm.. what the hell?" He wondered, before he read it.

"Hey, can you pick me up from this address at 2:30? Thanks"

Below the message was an address attached. Paul blinked in surprise, before noticing the time was 2:01. "Hey guys, I'm gonna go." He said, standing up. He decided he was going to go to the unknown address.

-

Ash and Ursula decided to have lunch together, and sat together outside. Meanwhile nearby, on the basket ball courts, the vixens were training.

The vixens had become really coordinated and worked well together, so now they practiced outside during some of their breaks. Ash watched them create a triangle, Dawn standing confidently on top.

"Ash?" Ursula asked, catching his attention. She'd been talking and realised he hadn't been listening to her. "Oh, sorry I uh.. was watching them practice." Ash admitted. "You still love her, don't you?" Ursula asked, softly.

"What?

"You still love Dawn."

Ash stayed quiet. He couldn't deny, he still looked at Dawn with such intent, despite her breaking his heart. He still looked for her bright blue hair in the hallways and he still smiled at her everytime he passed her.

Ursula's expression softened, "You know I get it.." She trailed off. The boy looked at her, confused. "To be in love.. To want to spend your life with somebody.. to love and support them as much as you can.. I understand it all now." Ursula paused for a moment, "I started developing feelings for someone and I think I might be in love with them." Ursula confessed as Ash looked surprised, "Really, who?"

"..May."

Ash nearly fell over in surprise, "Really? Ursula that's awesome!" He insisted. Ursula laughed nervously, "Now it makes sense why you suddenly decided to become more committed to cheer." Ash teased as Ursula just laughed.

"I wanna ask her out on a date.. but I feel like there's something I need to do first." Ursula spoke hesitantly. "What's that?" Ash asked. The pinkette sighed, "I need to apologise to Hilda and Iris.. for all of the names, the tormenting I did to them.. all because they are a same sex couple." Ursula sighed, guiltily. "I have learnt that love is love and I should never have judged them."

Ash smiled, happy to hear that Ursula was realising her mistakes and planning to apologise. She'd come a long way.

-

Paul arrived to the address, where he spotted a very familiar orange haired girl, waiting. He wound down a window to his car, "Misty?" He asked, surprised. "Hey Paul." Misty said, with a grin.

The girl climbed into the passenger seat, and Paul began to drive again. "I've missed you." Misty finally spoke up, as it'd been awkwardly silent. "It's been six months.. where have you been?" Paul asked, clearly concerned. "Well.. long story short, rehab." Misty admitted. "What? Why!?" Paul asked, even more concern in his voice now.