18. Average Day At Shalour High

Ash explained to Dawn the situation; that Calem came out as gay to his parents and suddenly he went missing. His parents claimed they sent him to a boarding school in Kanto. Brendan and Ash didn't believe them and were working together to find him.

"So last night Brendan and I mapped out places we think he could be within Kalos.. but it's a long list. Today I wanted to think of more ideas.. but I'm so exhausted from last night that I fell asleep." Ash sweatdropped. Dawn was still surprised by the situation, it definitely couldn't be a coincidence that Calem suddenly vanished off the face of the earth just after he told his parents he was gay.

"I'm gonna help you guys find him." Dawn said. "Really? Thank you so much Dawn." Ash replied, feeling relieved. The more help they could get, the better. "But you can't keep doing this to yourself.. staying up all night.. you're going to really burn yourself out. If we have no luck in the next couple of days, we are taking this to police." She declared. "Alright.. agreed." Ash nodded.

"You need some sleep.. I'm gonna head home and get some homework done, do you want me to drive you home?" Dawn asked. "If you don't mind, that'd be great. I walked here this morning." Ash sweatdropped. "Oh god.." The blue haired girl laughed nervously.

Ash packed away his notebook and took his coffee. He stood up and followed Dawn to her car.

-

Gary sat on his balcony, looking down at his phone. He had Misty's contact open for about twenty minutes.. trying to decide if he should call or text her. He pondered about it, and was considering seeing her in person. All he knew is, he needed to end their relationship.

Finally, after several minutes, he called the orange haired girl and placed the phone to his ear. "Hey Gare! You haven't been responding to my messages, is everything okay?" Misty asked, panicked. "Actually.." Gary began. "No Mist.. everything is not okay." He added.

"Gary.." Misty said softly. "I know you have been cheating on me with Paul.. so I'm calling to say that.." The brunette began, stuttering slightly. "It's over.. we can't be together anymore. I deserve better than to be cheated on." He confessed.

"G..Gary no! You can't do this. I love you, so much. We're meant to be." Misty blurted, her voice sounding shaky. "You know I can't live without you.." She added, sounding like she was crying. Gary felt a wave of guilt rush over him, for making the girl he loved, cry.. but this needed to be done. Gary knew deep down, this was so wrong and he couldn't stay with Misty. "I loved you too.. and you took that for granted. I thought we were meant to be too.. but if we were, you wouldn't be sucking faces with one of my best friends. Goodbye Misty." The brunette said, before he ended the call.

-

The next morning

Dawn squealed as she raced into the kitchen and hugged Serena. Serena, still being half asleep, flinched in response, before she hugged back the bluenette, with a confused expression on her face.

"Mum told me the news! Your Mother has been arrested and charged. You have nothing to worry about now. I'm so proud of you for coming forward." Dawn said excitedly, before she let go of Serena. "Yeah.. I feel so relieved." The blonde haired girl confessed, though she didn't sound convincing. "You don't sound it." Dawn replied. "I know.. i just feel conflicted.. yeah I feel safer, you and your Mums have done so much to make me feel safe and happy.. but I feel like I've lost my Mum, y'know." Serena confessed. Dawn gave Serena a guilted smile, "Yeah that does sound hard, sorry." She said softly.