20. Shalour Carnival

Serena closed the front door to the Berlitz house as quietly as she could, before she headed over to the staircase. Trying not to make a sound, she walked up the stairs and passed Dawn's room, hoping not to wake her.

Dawn was already awake, and heard Serena enter her home. "Serena!" She whispered loudly. The blonde stopped in her tracks before she opened the door. "How was your night?" She asked.

Serena was glad she didn't wake Dawn.. and somewhat relieved because she wanted to talk to the girl about her worries. Dawn slid over on her bed and patted an empty spot beside her, for Serena to sit.

The girl entered her room carefully and plopped herself beside Dawn, before the bluenette leant her head on Serena's shoulder. "It was good! Gary and I played SO much mario kart." Serena giggled. "But I.. I might have ruined everything." She admitted, her voice sounding shaky.

Dawn lifted her head to face the girl, "What do you mean?" She asked softly. Serena then looked to Dawn, "I kissed Gary." She confessed. Dawn's eyes widened before she tried hold back a squeal. "I knew it! I knew you like him! More than a friend!" Dawn said teasingly, pointing at the girl.

When Serena didn't respond, Dawn then cleared her throat, "So what are you so worried about? You guys have been friends since you were born!" She admitted. "That's exactly the problem Dawn! We've been best friends our whole lives.. and I could have weirded him out.. god what if he doesn't want to be my friend anymore. He just got out of a relationship last week.. I feel so awful." Serena began to panic.

"Hey, hey. It's okay. Gary loves you. Whether it's romantically or platonically.. I know he would never leave you." Dawn said positively. Serena bit her lip, hoping Dawn was right.. honestly she probably was.. but Serena was overthinking the situation as she was in panic mode.

"How was your night with Ash?" Serena at last asked Dawn. "It went really well! We went to the cinemas and then afterwards got some dinner." She explained. Serena gave Dawn a smirk, knowing what she was really wanting to hear.. if Dawn popped the question or not. "Soooo, did you?" The blonde finally asked. Dawn just sighed, "I nearly got the words out of my mouth but then his phone rang and it all ended there." She admitted.

"Looks like our nights could have both gone better." Serena laughed nervously. "Yeah, definitely." Dawn sweatdropped. The pair grew tired, and drifted off to sleep in the cheer captain's bed.

-

"We look cute as hell!" Dawn boomed, looking at Serena with a bright smile. "All thanks to you, boo." Serena admitted. Dawn had done their makeup, and styled their hair into space buns.. and at last they ended their look with glitter instead of highlight.

It was the night of the carnival and the vixens had just finished their act, before they split off in groups to enjoy the carnival for themselves. Dawn and Serena wandered around the carnival, followed by Iris, Hilda and May.

They walked through a crowd, hoping to find Ash and Drew so they could join them on some rides. Hilda spotted the pair and pointed them out, "They're over there!" She boomed, as they were following the brunette through the crowd to reach the two boys.

"Hey Ash!" Dawn boomed, almost sounding way too eager which caused Iris to giggle. "Hey Dawn! You look.. really pretty!" Ash smiled, admiring her look. Dawn blushed slightly, "Why thank you~ Hey do you wanna come on some rides with us?" She asked. "Yeah of course! Drew, are you coming with us?" Ash asked.