16. Princess

Dawn sat in the booth of the diner, nervously tapping her fingernails on the table.

The door to the diner swung open, and in walked Hilda, May and Iris. "Hey girl!" May chimed, before she took a seat beside Dawn. The lovebirds sat opposite from Dawn and May.

"So what's going on, Dawn?" Hilda asked, concerned. "Girls.. I caught Misty.. cheating on Gary." Dawn admitted, causing the trio to blink in surprise. "I'm not really good friends with Gary.. but I'm not sure what to do.. he really likes Misty and she seems to make him happy.. but it'd be so wrong not to tell him." Dawn explained.

"Is that why Serena isn't here?" May asked. Dawn sweatdropped, "I felt like I needed your opinions.. you guys don't know Gary very well either so I thought with your help we could make a logical solution. I love Serena, but she would be very biased." She explained.

"Well obviously tell him.. sure she makes him happy, but what Misty is doing is wrong. He deserves to know the truth." Hilda explained. "But we don't know Misty or Gary well at all.. for all we know, they could be in an open relationship." May suggested. The brunette wasn't a fan of open relationships, the thought of sharing Drew with somebody didn't sit well with her, but she knew some people liked the idea of them.

"If they were in an open relationship.. I'm sure Gary would be all over Serena." Iris grinned, causing Hilda to laugh. "Guys.." Dawn sighed, wanting to stay on topic. Usually she was fine to tease her friends, like Serena, but this was a serious conversation.

"No actually, Iris has a point. If they were in an open relationship, Gary would probably, also be all over someone else.. not necessarily Serena." May admitted. "I think you should tell him. It'll hurt him, as he and Misty have been together for.. well definitely a while.. but I think it'd be for the better." Iris explained.

"If someone found out that Drew was cheating on me, I'd be gutted if they didn't tell me." May admitted. Hilda nodded, "I agree, think you should tell him." She said.

"What should I just call him?" Dawn asked, nervously. "I think so.." May agreed. "We'll help you with it, we'll be with you the whole time." Hilda smiled. Iris smiled too. Dawn smiled back, "Thank you guys. I really don't want to be the bearer of bad news.. but you guys are right.. Gary deserves to know the truth.." Dawn sighed, placing her phone on the table.

-

Serena knocked on Gary's door, before taking a step back. She held his leather jacket in her arms, finally returning it. It was crazy to think she hadn't seen Gary since she was in hospital.

The door swung open and a spiky haired brunette stood in the doorway. "Serena!" He boomed, his face lighting up. This caused Serena to smile, "Hey Gary!" She chimed back.

"This is for you." She said, holding out the serpent jacket to Gary. "I tried to stitch up the holes on the back.. I'm not an incredible sewer though." Serena sweatdropped. Gary took the jacket back excitedly, "It's fine, thank you! Come inside." He said, pulling the jacket on before he walked inside. Serena followed behind him.

"How's things? Have you been feeling better?" Gary asked, before turning to face Serena. "Honestly, yeah. Staying with Dawn and her Mum have really helped.. I feel so much safer with them." She admitted. "Tomorrow Johanna and I are gonna go to the police and see what we can do." Serena added. "That's awesome, I'm really happy for you." Gary smiled. Serena smiled back.