12. The Ursula Incident

Ursula froze, as tears pooled in her eyes. Dawn, Hilda and Iris had frozen in shock too. "You're a fucking bitch." Ursula snarled at Iris before she stormed off, leaving the trio alone.

Dawn took a moment to try and speak, as words struggled to come out of her mouth. When they finally did, she said "Thank you." Hilda looked at Iris, who had watched watched Ursula walk away, and stayed silent. "Babe?" Hilda asked, as Iris seemed distracted and upset. "Let's go to class.." Iris finally said, looking up at Hilda.

The trio parted ways, heading off to their classes.

-

Serena rolled over, trying to get comfortable, but as much as she wanted to, she couldn't fall back to sleep.

Suddenly, the girl's phone rang, causing her to jolt in surprise. "That scared me.." Serena sweatdropped, before sitting up and answering her phone. "Hello?" She asked. "Hey Sere, how are you?" It was Gary.

"Hey Gare, I'm.. alright.. and you?" Serena asked. "I'm.. alright.. Misty's pissed at me but.. I don't care at the moment." The boy huffed, annoyed by his girlfriend's behaviour. "Oh that's not great.. is everything alright with you two?" Serena asked "She's just cranky because I didn't drive her to school.." Gary admitted. "Typical Misty.." Serena thought, trying to bite her tongue and not say that to Gary.

"I just wanted to check up on you, you haven't come to school today." Gary said. "Yeah.. I've not been feeling great.. I woke up feeling really sick.. I think I'm just anxious and it's probably to do with my Mum. She found out I left, I'm sure she's not happy.." Serena sighed. "Hey, you're going to be okay. Dawn, her Mum and I are going to make sure she stays away from you. Your Mum isn't going to hurt you again." Gary reassured her. Serena couldn't help but to smile, "Thanks Gary.."

The girl at last, left the bed. "Hey, I'm gonna go. I think it's time I get changed and go talk to Johanna. I'm thinking of taking legal action against Mum, Johanna is willing to help me." Serena explained. "That's really nice of her." Gary smiled before he blinked in surprise, "Wait you were still in bed?! Man I'm jealous." The brunette huffed, causing Serena to giggle. "I'll speak to you later, bye Gare!" Serena said. "Bye best friend!" Gary chimed, before he ended the call.

Serena then got changed before exiting the spare bedroom. She headed downstairs and looked for Johanna, hoping to have a chat with her.

-

The day flew by pretty fast. Iris was quite irritated for the remainder of the day, which Hilda had picked up on. The purple haired girl wasn't taking anybody's shit.

Despite only recently hanging out with Serena, Dawn felt a sense of loneliness being at school without her. Usually she'd hang out with Iris, Hilda and May, as well as Serena and sometimes a few others.. but today it was different.. or more so it felt different. Sitting at the lunch table, Hilda and Iris were having their own private conversation, while May was fawning over Drew who sat at a seperate table today. She'd been rambling on about Drew to Dawn, but truthfully she hadn't paid much attention. Luckily, Ash had noticed the bluenette looking quite uninterested in May's speech, and joined the table to talk to her.

Gary had hung out with the serpents but it was clear there was tension between himself and Misty. Paul seemed to notice it too, and was hoping maybe they'd broken up.

Finally, the last bell of the day had rung and everyone began to leave the school. Gary began to leave the school, noticing Clemont standing near the gates. The blonde looked at Gary, and hesitated before calling his name. "Hi Clemont." Gary replied. "Did Serena come to school today?" Clemont asked. Gary shook his head.