Wedding Bells

Loathing. That is exactly what I feel. Absolute and utter loathing. Why do I loath, well that's easy. Why not.

"James!" I turn around toward whoever dares say my name. I start angrily stalking toward then, when I realize. That's my sister, I can't hurt her. Can I?

"James, where have you been? I thought you died." She flings her arms around me in a tight embrace. I chuckle.

"I was only gone for two minutes Alyssa." I point out gently detaching her arms from me.

"So? I person can die in less than a second." She points out.

"Touchè little grasshopper." I respond.

"Come on James we're going to miss the ceremony." She snaps out of her worry phase. She immediately grabs my wrist and starts pulling. I'm pretty sure she's the only person I would ever let drag me around.

"Ah there they are, the little tykes."

"Ugh, mother!" Alyssa groans, rolling her eyes. Mom and dad both chuckle.

"Alright are you ready?" Mom asks Alyssa.

"Umm, is that even a question? Of course I'm ready!" She shouts. We all roll our eyes. Then we all hug Alyssa as the music starts.

I seriously don't like attention, but when your younger sister is getting married. There's not much you can do. I walk with one of the bridesmaids as I am one of the 'best men' as Alyssa likes to say. Everyone's eyes are on me. What do I have some dust on my shoulders?!

I finally get down the aisle to where my future brother in law is, and I stand to the left of him. Of course being the man I am, I shift my stance. I stand up straighter, with my hands folded down in front of me. This makes my chest puff out a little, and my shoulders look broader.

I really want to glare at everyone staring at me, but my sister walks out being led by my father. I feel my guard immediately shift to almost nothing. As in my guard is down, as is everyone else's I assume.

My sister is in a beautiful white mermaid tail dress. There are beads randomly stitched all over the gown. It's a swooping V-neck, but with long sleeves. The train is like 4 feet long, and the veil. Oh the veil is covered in glitter, with small beads outlining the edge. The veil travels 3 feet longer than the train.

She's absolutely gorgeous. This is a moment in which I can say that I'm proud to be apart of her family. If this guy marrying her, even thinks about hurting her. I'd give him a slow and painful death. That's a promise.

After the vows, and I do's we all head to the next room where the reception will be held. I get a phone call.

"Boss, we have some trouble down in the warehouse."

"How bad?"

"Fifteen shot, twelve dead sir."

"Shoot, I'll be there in a minute." I hang up and search the crowd for my sister. I finally find her talking to her husband's parents. I shuffle through the crowd over to her.

"Ally, I have to go. Congrats." I whisper to her, then I quickly make my exit. I'm out of the door and in my car. I speed down to H.Q.