Secret

" Goodness gracious child! Slow down!" My nanny yells.

"You are not my mommy!" I shout , running faster. I lose her after a few turns. I find the secret door in the cabinets. I hurriedly open it, and crawl through. Making it to my secret room. I found it on one of my adventures. I've hidden snacks and drinks in here, I even have a fort. It's made out of pillows and blankets, all are from the wicker basket at the end of my bed. To this day my nanny is convinced that a thief came in and stole them.

I giggle at the thought. I quickly turn the light on, and shut the door quietly. I have a stack of books, most unread. This is what has kept me entertained.

"Where is that girl?" I hear my nanny mumble. This meaning she's looking in the cabinets. I'm not too worried about her finding the door, the doorknob is the same color as the rest of the wall. Meaning absolute and total camouflage.

"Maria!" My mother shouts.

"Yes Mi'lady." My nanny answers.

"Where's my husband." my mother sounds extremely angry.

"He's in the study ma'am." My nanny answers.

"Get started on dinner, and bring it up to us." Mother commands.

"Whatever you wish Mi'lady."

"Good." I hear the click clack of high heels on tile.

"I wonder what made her so mad?" I whisper to myself.