Train Wreck

I used to be pretty. I used to make heads turn.

Now, unfortunately...

I'm a train wreck.

What can I say, other than scars are beautiful.

Can you hear the sarcasm?

It all happened on that "fateful" day.

****

"You will obey me, you little brat!" He yells with another lash of the whip. His men chuckle in the background. I bite my lip to stop from screaming.

"Why so quiet little one?" He comes around to my face, sliding his slimy fingers across my cheek. I stare him dead in the eyes, letting my defiance show.

"You're supposed to submit to me!" Anger flashes in his eyes. He's about to slap me, when another sting goes through my back.

"What the?" He's face suddenly fills with fear.

"You dare harm the queen!" My voice suddenly resonates around the room.

"N-No." He stammers. The chains that bind me slowly melt away.

"You dare lie to me!?" My voice yells.

"Yes, I mean n- no." He takes a step back. I rise to my feet.

"You are charged with treason!" I point a bloody finger at him, and he bursts into sparks.

****

And now, the scars from that battle. Are joined by scars from many battles after. Over a thousand stretch across my back. One giant one goes the length of my face, starting at my forehead and ending at my collar bone.

Now I must start my new adventure.

Finding my king.