What If

What if this is all a fairy tale. All a lie. 

Well, then that would mean a lot of things. It would mean that this was all a dream, all a part of my imagination.

Everything that has happened for the past week, wouldn't be real.

My family, might still be here. The weird creatures wouldn't have taken me away. I wouldn't be a slave. 

It would be a normal day. me reading on the couch. My mom making dinner, my sisters around somewhere. My dad finally coming through the door yelling,

"Where's all my girls!?"

My mom will stop whatever she is doing, just to get to my dad before the rest of us. He would smile and spin her around. When he finally puts her down, he'll pick up the two youngest. Which was seven and four. They always were fast. Next would be my other sister, who's one year younger than I am. He would just hug her, then keep her at arms length. Always asking.

"Why do you keep getting older?" 

She would just smirk , and step out of the way. I would still be reading peacefully on the couch. When suddenly I'm flung over my father's shoulder. 

"Dad, put me down! I'm not a sack of potatoes!" I would yell.

He would just chuckle, and carry me upstairs. Then he would toss me on my bed.

"Now I have your attention."

I would laugh, then hug him.

"I missed you daddy."

I can't believe that was only a week ago.

A week ago we were about to have dinner, when something broke through the kitchen window. We all ran. One problem.

I was the only one to make it outside, before the bomb went off.

So what if, this week has been a nightmare. Just a dream. a figment of my imagination.