Restraining Order

"Hey Tiffany!" I hear someone shout, I slow my fast pace.

"Did you hear about the new kid?" Jamie asks, as she finally catches up to me.

"No, I haven't. I'm assuming you're gonna tell me though." I reply with a small chuckle.

"The rumors say he's coming here from Cali. Can you believe that! Who wants to move to Utah from California!" She screeches excitedly.

I chuckle, "Yeah, but those could just be rumors." I point out.

"But what if they are real?!" She exclaims, throwing her hands up.

"Then they are real, and you should ask him why. Assuming it is a guy moving here." I see a car I'd prefer I didn't.

"Holy, shoot. What is he doing here?" Jamie asks.

"I don't know." I reply, watching the black Mercedes drive up to the curb. I walk a little faster, trying to make sure Jamie is still close. Just in case he tries to pull anything, again.

"I'm assuming he's on parole?" Jamie asks.

"No, they saw him not guilty." I answer.

"That bastard." She mumbles under breath, causing a nervous laugh to escape my lips.

"I'm not going to argue with that." I mumble as a car door slams shut.

"Tiffany wait!" The bastard yells.

"She doesn't want to talk to you." Jamie says for me, making me smile gratefully at her.I take my phone out of my pocket, ready to speed dial my parents.

"Who said I was talking to you, slut." I stop when those words leave his mouth.

"Tif, don't worry about it. Keep walking." Jamie tries to reassure me.

"Ok" I whisper. We resume walking.

"Who said you could leave!" He starts shouting, I hear the little footsteps.

That's when me and Jam book it. We start sprinting as fast as we can. I'm so happy we both decided to wear tennis shoes today. We make it to my father's restaurant, when I'm yanked by my hair.

"Tif?!" Jamie screams, turning to run back to me.

"Go Jams, get help!" I yell, speed dialing my parents.

"Oh wasn't that just brave of you." He whispers in my ear, making me cringe in disgust.

"I think it's time to let the girl go." A deep voice rumbles. I don't know why, but just hearing that voice calms me down.

"I don't think so, she's mine. Besides we need to work out our.. Little argument." I cringe more, at those few words.

"There she's right there!" I hear Jamie shout.

"Parker. Let my daughter go." My dad growls out. I let out a sigh of relief.

"What's that for? Huh, sweetcheeks. You're still in my arms, darling." Parker's grip tightens.

"Well then, looks like we have a situation." The deep voice calls again.

"Not really, besides this isn't your problem." Parker starts to get frustrated.

"Hey, H- hey. P- parker? C- calm own, alright?" My voice comes out in a whisper.

"But, sweetcheeks. It's so much fun being angry." He licks my cheek.

"That's it." The next thing I know, is that I'm being ripped away from Parker. I'm flung into my dad's arms.

"It's okay sweetheart. I got you. It's okay now." My dad whispers.