Best Friend

Oof! "Oh my gawd! I'm so, so sorry." Someone says as they bump into me.

"No, no. It was my fault. Are you ok?" I ask, trying to shake the feeling of being watched.

"Yeah, but I might have a mini headache after this." She chuckles.

"Do you need me to take you to the nurses office?" I ask. This is so out of my comfort zone.

"Nah, I'm fine. I'm Ashley btw."

"Btw?" I'm officially confused.

"Yeah, by the way." She says in a duh tone.

"Oh, well. I'm Molly." I hold my hand out awkwardly. She snickers.

"Did you actually think I was going to shake your hand?" She asks, disgusted.

"Fine, see ya around." I tell her hiding my anger. I brush past her, and get to my designated class.

"Hello class."

"Hello Mr. Danford." We all reply, well most of us. I'm pretty sure one of the kids in the back is snoring.

"Well today we..." His voice trials off as I tune him out. I start to doodle in my sketchbook. I draw an amazing looking guy, if I do say so myself, and I do.

Of course the bell has to ruin my moment of appreciation. I gather my stuff and high tail it out of the room. Wait, it's lunch. A smile of triumph appears on my face. I feel like whooping in happiness. Of course then reality hits me.

I don't have any friends to sit by.

I mentally face palm. I hurry outside, and hide by my tree. Well, it used to be our tree. I hang my head in sadness for a second. I let out a huff of breath.

"You can do this Molly. You've lasted a full three months without her. You can last a few more." I tell myself, trying to give me fake hope.

"Seriously. You sit by yourself, and you talk to yourself. How the heck have you lived this long?" I here an unfamiliar voice. I spin around and look at the owner of the voice.

"I've lived because I don't talk to strangers." I huff and roll my eyes as I realize who it is.

Turns out the voice belongs to the captain of the football team. John Cornack. The hot guy of the school. You know that one guy with sandy blonde hair, and those piercing blue eyes. Those lips that are always quirked in a smirk. The way his body language basically screams 'I'm better than you'. Yeah, that guy.

"Sure, but I'm not a stranger sweet cheeks." He teases. Oh and did I mention we used to be friends?

Yeah... best friends to be exact.