I Told You

"I see you."

"I know."

"You must be- wait, what?"

"I know you see me. Now, as you can probably see, I am very busy. So, umm, bye." I hang up. I quickly walk to my workplace.

"Anne!"

"I know, I know. I'm late, I'll work an extra hour tonight. Sound good?" I tell my boss.

"as long as you get everything done fine." My boss agrees.

"Great, thank you. What are my assignments today?"

"You've got receptionist duty."

"Yes!" I exclaim.

"I know, now hurry up and get to work before I make you work two extra hours."

"Yes ma'am." I say, getting to work.

I've been answering calls, and filing new paperwork. I definitely had some fun. Some of the callers were a bit snobby, but what can ya do? I'm the last to leave today.

I made sure to turn all the lights off, and to lock the door on my way out. I checked the door a couple times to make sure it was locked.

"And now for the long walk home." I mumble under my breath.

"We've got a walkin gal." An accented masculine voice says. I turn towards the sound. He's not very good looking either.

"And you are?" I say in my most polite voice.

"Well I don't quite know yet. What's a pretty gal like you, walkin home at this time of night?"

"I prefer to walk. We don't need anymore pollution." I reply.

"Why don't I take ya home." He says taking a step forward.

"She's fine." A familiar voice states.

"Oh, alright then." The man starts to shake a bit, before running away.

"I told you I saw you."

"I told you, I know." I walk away.

"Wait up!" He shouts, I shrug and keep walking.